or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4644  

post #69646 of 122416

Nephews,

Let's try to keep this thread civil.

post #69647 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post

If I may ask, what was your logic behind switching to large-size trees?

My logic was that medium trees didn't do an adequate job of keeping tension along the creases in the shell, thereby not allowing my shoes to maintain their shape. Shell is very tough, and while "stretching" per se can cause it to crack, a certain degree of tension is helpful to maintain the integrity of the last shape. Others may disagree, but I have tried both and think this is a better option.


+1

post #69648 of 122416
Has anyone taken their regular CXL's and shined them up like the j.crew collab below?




If so, please post a pic. Been going through this thread to see if anyone posted but didn't get anywhere.
post #69649 of 122416
My cxl are shiny like that without doing anything but wearing and horse brush.
post #69650 of 122416
All the Alden shoe trees I've seen are made by Rochester. Woodlore is Allen Edmonds. I've seen both brands' split-toe styles at nordstrom rack.

I agree that 9.5d Barrie is about the upper limit of Alden/Rochester M shoe trees. The M trees I have only compress about 1 cm lengthwise in 9.5d Barrie's, barely enough, as others have said, to flatten the creases in the shell.
post #69651 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

My cxl are shiny like that without doing anything but wearing and horse brush.
Me too. Not a ton of effort required to shine CXL like that.

post #69652 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post


gg, your a brother from another mother my friend. First "nice" shoes were Church's MTM black calf straight-tip balmoral. First Alden and first shell were same same, king #8 990 PTB's.

:fistbump: 

post #69653 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post



I think that this is a big part of the problem.  Not saying that I am for/against unionization, but the Alden factory IS unionized (AFAIK), which I think is another variable in this equation.

What's your point about it being unionized? Pretty sure they don't give a s**t because they don't make a lot of money.
post #69654 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by minadocook View Post

spamming your own FS items is against forum rules. 

How has this guy not been kicked off the forum? All you do minadocook is make snarky comments that add NOTHING to this message board - NOTHING!

HAPPY BOXING DAY!
post #69655 of 122416
^ I am pretty sure he is the alter ego troll of another member. Just a guess. Ban sounds good anyway.
post #69656 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post


What's your point about it being unionized? Pretty sure they don't give a s**t because they don't make a lot of money.

It is commonly accepted that unionized employees have more [collective] bargaining power than employees that are not unionized.  They would also have a higher degree of job security.  Like I inferred before, I'm not looking to have an argument about unionization.  If you disagree, so be it.

post #69657 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

^ I am pretty sure he is the alter ego troll of another member. Just a guess. Ban sounds good anyway.

Troll or not, he does have a valid point in this particular instance.

post #69658 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Pretty sure they don't give a s**t because they don't make a lot of money.
I think that's a bit unfair. I give a s**t about my job and I don't make a lot of money.
post #69659 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post

Has anyone taken their regular CXL's and shined them up like the j.crew collab below...If so, please post a pic. Been going through this thread to see if anyone posted but didn't get anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

My cxl are shiny like that without doing anything but wearing and horse brush.

These are LS's Ultimate Jumper in brown CXL. This is about as shiny as I'd want.




Saphir Renovateur and a solid brushing.
post #69660 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Troll or not, he does have a valid point in this particular instance.

True - but he's certainly not trying to be helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I think that's a bit unfair. I give a s**t about my job and I don't make a lot of money.

Well said. The job I probably cared most about paid the least.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.