Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:23 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4622post #69316 of 12241612/21/13 at 11:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #69317 of 12241612/21/13 at 11:51ampost #69318 of 12241612/21/13 at 11:55amI am anxious. Supposed to get my Color 8 full straps today. Not sure. The FedEx site is showing me some funny stuff.
I am really curious to see how they look. I have wanted a pair of full straps for a while. Though I was mainly hoping for Cigar, but it's hard to beat Seconds deals.
-Mikepost #69319 of 12241612/21/13 at 12:58pmpost #69320 of 12241612/21/13 at 1:57pm
Please someone 8.5D Barrie buy these, so I don't have to.post #69321 of 12241612/21/13 at 2:07pm
Does anyone know why my cxl would be "buckling" in the arch area? I have 2 other pairs of Indys (suede and 401 black calf) in the same exact size, and don't have this issue with those boots.
Is it size related, poor cutting/stitching in the factory, a bad piece of cxl, or maybe just the nature of cxl?
I wore them out all day, and this started to develop after a few hours, and wondering if I should send back to Unionmade?
Thanks!post #69322 of 12241612/21/13 at 2:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by mogili222
Does the Grant last run large? I am a size 10D on a brannock and the 9.5D fits me on the Barrie last. Do I get a 10D or a 9.5D on the Grant last?
Most would get 10 and that is where I would start.. A seeming minority get their barrie size in grant - grant is Iin the middle of the alden last spectrum but towards the generous side oft middle (and barrie is the widest alden last except for trubalance and modfied.).
Thanks..post #69323 of 12241612/21/13 at 3:32pmpost #69324 of 12241612/21/13 at 3:55pmpost #69325 of 12241612/21/13 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
This has been a rough work week for me... BUT alas, it is Black Friday!!!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
looking good in both your cap toes and lhspost #69326 of 12241612/21/13 at 6:00pmpost #69327 of 12241612/21/13 at 6:11pmpost #69328 of 12241612/21/13 at 6:33pmpost #69329 of 12241612/21/13 at 6:39pmpost #69330 of 12241612/21/13 at 7:39pmGreat looking boots Uncle Mac.
I want to get into boots, but the last time I tried some the shaft was really constricting on my ankles. Yours look pretty tight kinda like the way I wore mine. Maybe I'm just not a boot guy? Is there some kinda secret to them not being so tight on the ankles?
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 56 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 5 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › For the Ladies: BNWT Canada Goose Women Solaris Parka 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.