Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4622post #69316 of 12241612/21/13 at 11:47ampost #69317 of 12241612/21/13 at 11:51ampost #69318 of 12241612/21/13 at 11:55amI am anxious. Supposed to get my Color 8 full straps today. Not sure. The FedEx site is showing me some funny stuff.
I am really curious to see how they look. I have wanted a pair of full straps for a while. Though I was mainly hoping for Cigar, but it's hard to beat Seconds deals.
-Mikepost #69319 of 12241612/21/13 at 12:58pmpost #69320 of 12241612/21/13 at 1:57pm
Please someone 8.5D Barrie buy these, so I don't have to.post #69321 of 12241612/21/13 at 2:07pm
Does anyone know why my cxl would be "buckling" in the arch area? I have 2 other pairs of Indys (suede and 401 black calf) in the same exact size, and don't have this issue with those boots.
Is it size related, poor cutting/stitching in the factory, a bad piece of cxl, or maybe just the nature of cxl?
I wore them out all day, and this started to develop after a few hours, and wondering if I should send back to Unionmade?
Thanks!post #69322 of 12241612/21/13 at 2:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by mogili222
Does the Grant last run large? I am a size 10D on a brannock and the 9.5D fits me on the Barrie last. Do I get a 10D or a 9.5D on the Grant last?
Most would get 10 and that is where I would start.. A seeming minority get their barrie size in grant - grant is Iin the middle of the alden last spectrum but towards the generous side oft middle (and barrie is the widest alden last except for trubalance and modfied.).
Thanks..post #69323 of 12241612/21/13 at 3:32pmpost #69324 of 12241612/21/13 at 3:55pmpost #69325 of 12241612/21/13 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
This has been a rough work week for me... BUT alas, it is Black Friday!!!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
looking good in both your cap toes and lhspost #69326 of 12241612/21/13 at 6:00pmpost #69327 of 12241612/21/13 at 6:11pmpost #69328 of 12241612/21/13 at 6:33pmpost #69329 of 12241612/21/13 at 6:39pmpost #69330 of 12241612/21/13 at 7:39pmGreat looking boots Uncle Mac.
I want to get into boots, but the last time I tried some the shaft was really constricting on my ankles. Yours look pretty tight kinda like the way I wore mine. Maybe I'm just not a boot guy? Is there some kinda secret to them not being so tight on the ankles?
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 51 seconds ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 10 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 13 minutes ago
- › ATTN ADMINS / MODS -- FORUM FEATURE NOT WORKING 25 minutes ago
- › Bracelets For Men - How To Do It Properly. 41 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 41 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 58 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...