or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 462  

post #6916 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky View Post
Is there a huge difference to buying from theshoemarket as opposed to somewhere else?
The biggest pro from theshoemart is that (if you're buying out of state from their location), there is no tax and shipping is always free. Their return policy is also great, 365 days from the initial date in which you receive the shoes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstyle View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the J. Crew Alden longwing waxed bluchers. I really like this style but I can only find it at this price-point ($465) offered through J. Crew. If I were to go into an Alden retailer may they have this style at this price? I'll be in San Francisco on Nov. 1 and might have to stop into the Alden store there. Or is it worth it to just get on the waitlist for J. Crew and wait a month for the shipment.
I waited for the tobacco colorway, I think I waited around 2 months for it. I recently put in another order for the dark brown colorway. There was no waiting for that one, I'm expecting them to get in in a couple of days.

Theshoemart has several Longwings, but the sizings are quite limited and they're a bit more than the J. Crew's.
post #6917 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post
Why don't you just get on the J. Crew waitlist now and cancel if you see something better in SF next week?

Haha that is a good idea.
post #6918 of 122416
How long does it usually take to break in the Indys? I wore mine for the fifth or sixth time yesterday and after a few hours of walking/standing around my feet were hurting. I'm asking this because I'm considering wearing an insole or should I just break them in more?
post #6919 of 122416
I've never had any issues with hurting feet on any of 3 pairs of Indys I own. I think you are having fit problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Man View Post
How long does it usually take to break in the Indys? I wore mine for the fifth or sixth time yesterday and after a few hours of walking/standing around my feet were hurting. I'm asking this because I'm considering wearing an insole or should I just break them in more?
post #6920 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
The biggest pro from theshoemart is that (if you're buying out of state from their location), there is no tax and shipping is always free. Their return policy is also great, 365 days from the initial date in which you receive the shoes.

I waited for the tobacco colorway, I think I waited around 2 months for it. I recently put in another order for the dark brown colorway. There was no waiting for that one, I'm expecting them to get in in a couple of days.

Theshoemart has several Longwings, but the sizings are quite limited and they're a bit more than the J. Crew's.

Yeah the showmart has longwings but the are around$150 more, albeit a bit nicer but I'm already stretching myself to get these. Did you get the tobacco colorway, and do you like it? On the J. Crew website the color looks different in two different pictures, so I'm having trouble pinning down the color.
post #6921 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstyle View Post
Yeah the showmart has longwings but the are around$150 more, albeit a bit nicer but I'm already stretching myself to get these. Did you get the tobacco colorway, and do you like it? On the J. Crew website the color looks different in two different pictures, so I'm having trouble pinning down the color.

The shoemart longwings are shell whereas the J Crew ones are calf.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Alden makes a standard stock calf longwing.
However there are plenty of calf versions out there in addition to the J Crew ones.
Winn Perry has some on their site.

There have been pictures of the J Crew ones posted. Search around.
I think they were in a different thread than this.
post #6922 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post
The shoemart longwings are shell whereas the J Crew ones are calf.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Alden makes a standard stock calf longwing.
However there are plenty of calf versions out there in addition to the J Crew ones.
Winn Perry has some on their site.

There have been pictures of the J Crew ones posted. Search around.
I think they were in a different thread than this.

Well unfortunately their smallest size in the Alden double Waterlock Longwing in walnut grain are available in a 9.5. Are there any other sites besides shoemart, blackbird, and leathersoul that carry these longwings at this pricepoint?
post #6923 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstyle View Post
Yeah the showmart has longwings but the are around$150 more, albeit a bit nicer but I'm already stretching myself to get these. Did you get the tobacco colorway, and do you like it? On the J. Crew website the color looks different in two different pictures, so I'm having trouble pinning down the color.

jcrew has a 20% off online purchases coupon that can be used on the aldens.
post #6924 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Man View Post
How long does it usually take to break in the Indys? I wore mine for the fifth or sixth time yesterday and after a few hours of walking/standing around my feet were hurting. I'm asking this because I'm considering wearing an insole or should I just break them in more?

Do you have wide feet? Did you size down? Which indys, are they shell?
post #6925 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstyle View Post
Well unfortunately their smallest size in the Alden double Waterlock Longwing in walnut grain are available in a 9.5. Are there any other sites besides shoemart, blackbird, and leathersoul that carry these longwings at this pricepoint?

You could get on shoemarts seconds list or call them and see if they have the longwings you are interested in on it. I have seen what appear to me to be the jcrew longwings on the seconds list a few times.
post #6926 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockpuppets View Post
jcrew has a 20% off online purchases coupon that can be used on the aldens.

Yeah i'm kinda leaning thowards this. It seems easier through J. Crew. I'm just a little weary on the color. Is it just me or do they seem a bit orange?
post #6927 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockpuppets View Post
Do you have wide feet? Did you size down? Which indys, are they shell?

They're the Ultimate Indys and I did size down. The last time I was measured I was a size 10D so I bought them in a 9.5D. I'm thinking it's just due to the large toe box and my boney foot moving around when I walk. I'll try them with insole inserts and see how my feet feel afterwards.
post #6928 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
The biggest pro from theshoemart is that (if you're buying out of state from their location), there is no tax and shipping is always free. Their return policy is also great, 365 days from the initial date in which you receive the shoes.

If you check their website returns are for 90 days. 365 days no longer.
post #6929 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockpuppets View Post
jcrew has a 20% off online purchases coupon that can be used on the aldens.

Would you mind reposting the coupon code? Thanks!
post #6930 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123 View Post
thats a great color, well done sir.

thank you
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.