Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4577
Styleforum Top Pickspost #68642 of 12241612/13/13 at 11:40ampost #68643 of 12241612/13/13 at 11:45amQuote:Originally Posted by docalden2013
To top it all off, the Apple geniuses confirmed that my computer's hard drive is not only likely cooked (along with some of my important data and family pictures), but that its logic board is also apparently done. So, by the end of the day, I spent the equivalent of four pairs of shell boots investing in a new computer rig, backup system. Of course, dear wife feels the sting and has asked me to dial back my SF-related purchases for a stretch.
Rant over. Just needed to get it off my chest, as I thought venting to patients would be a bad idea
PS - is there a Mac method for my new Mac? It just doesn't have the smell or patina of Ravello, Whiskey, Cigar or King.
As someone who has had 3 separate macbooks declared dead by Apple because of a "fried logic board - water damage" I can say with almost 100% certainty that your hard drive is perfectly fine. Once I decided to build a windows desktop due to apples atrocious customer service, I simply plugged the hard drives in and was able to access everything no probem with a program called macdrive.post #68644 of 12241612/13/13 at 11:45ampost #68645 of 12241612/13/13 at 11:47ampost #68646 of 12241612/13/13 at 12:09pmpost #68647 of 12241612/13/13 at 12:12pmpost #68648 of 12241612/13/13 at 12:15pmpost #68649 of 12241612/13/13 at 12:15pmpost #68650 of 12241612/13/13 at 12:19pmpost #68651 of 12241612/13/13 at 12:23pmpost #68652 of 12241612/13/13 at 1:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by a bag of it
As someone who has had 3 separate macbooks declared dead by Apple because of a "fried logic board - water damage" I can say with almost 100% certainty that your hard drive is perfectly fine. Once I decided to build a windows desktop due to apples atrocious customer service, I simply plugged the hard drives in and was able to access everything no probem with a program called macdrive.
Unbelievable. And Apple calls its customer service area "the Genius Desk." And you have to make an appointment with the "Geniuses" to get their attention.
I recently destroyed the screen of my son's Iphone and was thus introduced to the Genius Desk. After 3 hours my problem was resolved, and I was grateful that the tech hung in there and helped me get it done. But a large part of the delay was due to the process by which Apple has chosen to transfer data from one phone to the other, which is makes it difficult or cumbersome unless you use itunes - in other words, it is designed to steer you to use their product.post #68653 of 12241612/13/13 at 1:32pmpost #68654 of 12241612/13/13 at 1:36pmpost #68655 of 12241612/13/13 at 1:41pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 8 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 30 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 34 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?