If it is light grey and not trending towards darker charcoal...I say wear them! They will pop and look awesome with a gray suit.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 10:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4574post #68596 of 12241612/12/13 at 8:13pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #68597 of 12241612/12/13 at 8:43pmQuote:
LoL, thanks Tampa! Now that I look at DonL's pic, I really like the look with the darker pants. They really pop and look beautiful!
-Mikepost #68598 of 12241612/12/13 at 8:45pmQuote:
I think Uncle Mac only wears each pair 1 time per year and holds a shoe shine expert hostage in his closet!
Stevepost #68599 of 12241612/12/13 at 8:51pmQuote:
I think you made the right selection going with the Color 8 for those pants, but NYC, different norms.post #68600 of 12241612/12/13 at 8:52pmpost #68601 of 12241612/12/13 at 9:06pmpost #68602 of 12241612/12/13 at 9:43pmToday was an unfortunate day in my life as an Alden collector. I was literally seconds away from kopping the much heralded king tassels from TSM when I decided to check the thread one last time in case someone announced that they had grabbed a pair in my size already. Of course, all hell broke loose on the TSM's retraction of sale prices and I ended up feeling too badly about spending the full 100% on the shoes. (FWIW, I'm not inclined to bust the chops of the forum member who called about the sale; I often have called Leffot rather than place my order on the web as I like the human interaction and feel like it's a way of making sure nothing with my order gets screwed up. Seemed like an honest mistake that anyone could have made on a busy day.)
I thought I'd console myself and shoot for the natty cxl boots I've been after for a few weeks, but was told by TSM that they won't let me break up the payment over 2 credit cards. Ack!
To top it all off, the Apple geniuses confirmed that my computer's hard drive is not only likely cooked (along with some of my important data and family pictures), but that its logic board is also apparently done. So, by the end of the day, I spent the equivalent of four pairs of shell boots investing in a new computer rig, backup system. Of course, dear wife feels the sting and has asked me to dial back my SF-related purchases for a stretch.
Rant over. Just needed to get it off my chest, as I thought venting to patients would be a bad idea
PS - is there a Mac method for my new Mac? It just doesn't have the smell or patina of Ravello, Whiskey, Cigar or King.post #68603 of 12241612/12/13 at 10:37pmpost #68604 of 12241612/12/13 at 11:50pmpost #68605 of 12241612/13/13 at 1:05ampost #68606 of 12241612/13/13 at 2:33ampost #68607 of 12241612/13/13 at 2:59amI may or may not get lucky. I just happened to check my cart at the shoe mart and I had a pair of Snuff Suede Chukka from yesterday still there with the sale price. I payed VIA Paypal and it kept the sale price the whole way thru. I really wanted the TAN but figured, get the SNUFF then exchange for the TAN. I am hoping they will honor the sale price, seeing as there should be no issues Validating Payment. We will see. Oh I wont call to see if they honor the price just pray they do.
We'll victory , they are honoring the price and shipping out today. Confirmed via phone call.
Edited by fitchottie - 12/13/13 at 7:09ampost #68608 of 12241612/13/13 at 5:01amQuote:That is a serious setup right there! Nicely done.Originally Posted by jkiu
Double shot of whiskey
Whiskey cordovan tanker
Ashland Leather whiskey cordovan card case
Patek Philippe Nautilus
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
What model Nautilus is that? I don't think I've come across one with Roman numerals. Very cool.post #68609 of 12241612/13/13 at 5:03am
Does anyone know who sells a kudu ptb? perhaps something similar to that offered by The Bureau? ( I could live without that sole)
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 31 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 31 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 32 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 32 minutes ago
- › Edward Green (UK6 1/2E) Westminster 36 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?