Not trying to start anything but you probably should delete that post and forward info via pm.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 5:49 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4542post #68116 of 12241612/7/13 at 5:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #68117 of 12241612/7/13 at 5:20pmpost #68118 of 12241612/7/13 at 5:20pmQuote:
They are beyond comfortable!! I also have the PTB in snuff and find it to be extremely versatile. Might be a good alternative if you dump your Chukkaspost #68119 of 12241612/7/13 at 5:33pmpost #68120 of 12241612/7/13 at 5:46pmpost #68121 of 12241612/7/13 at 6:34pmpost #68122 of 12241612/7/13 at 6:36pmQuote:
You know Sherman Brothers has been having periodic Alden sales for about as long as I can remember.
It's not like it's some deep dark secret.post #68123 of 12241612/7/13 at 6:45pmpost #68124 of 12241612/7/13 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by rydenfan
These look great! With shells seemingly getting darker as of late, for my tastes the new cigar is no where near the older color. It is simply way too dark and not that different from Color #8. The older medium tone cigar with olive undertones is simply stunning. I have narrowly missed out like 4 different times. It is my favorite shell color, and yet I don't own any. I will need to stay steadfast in my search for used I guess...
thank youpost #68125 of 12241612/7/13 at 7:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by docalden2013
Commencing Mac break-in method on today's arrival: color 8 Dover unlined PTB from Leffot. Comfiest shell shoes out of the box given the flex soles and the unlined nature of the shoe. Most of my shells upon arrival felt stiff and some have even felt uncomfortable until break-in. These PTBs feel like they could be worn for miles and miles. Went with the 8.5Es instead of defaulting to my usual 8.5D barrie size. Fit is a bit roomy, but with no heel slippage even without tying them as tightly as possible. Arguably room for an insole.
I'm convinced the only ways I can achieve a Mac-like shine are either taking pics just out of the box or photoshop. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
hereby retract any statements I've made on this thread about PTBs being too simplistic and unexciting.
Will try to post comparison pics of the Dover unlineds vs my cigar ptb when I have a chance.
Happy Friday, gents!
wear only in good health
use the method for shoe carepost #68126 of 12241612/7/13 at 7:38pmpost #68127 of 12241612/7/13 at 7:39pmpost #68128 of 12241612/7/13 at 7:40pmpost #68129 of 12241612/7/13 at 7:42pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Currently, there are 1717 Active Users (435 Members and 1282 Guests)
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 18 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 55 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...