Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4540post #68086 of 12241612/6/13 at 10:34pmpost #68087 of 12241612/7/13 at 2:28amQuote:
and this is what they look like with a crack dealer at the door of the bar:post #68088 of 12241612/7/13 at 3:59amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by blackboard_knowledge
Yes, those appear to be the captoe #8s on the Grant last. Usually the general sizing advice here helps, but as I personally own the Grant boot in cigar, I will tell you that of all of the lasts, nothing is more personal than the Grant. Most folks will tell you to order a half size up from your Barrie, but after trying on every size and width iteration at Alden DC, I went with a full size up from my Barrie size.
As for where to find them, I saw them at The Shoe Mart less than two weeks ago.
I went up a half size from my Barrie. Agree it is a very personal fit.
With commando sole.post #68089 of 12241612/7/13 at 6:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Cold Iron
I went up a half size from my Barrie. Agree it is a very personal fit.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
and this is what they look like with a crack dealer at the door of the bar:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This style of boot is just great. I wore my black version all night last night through rain and bars. This AM they still look great and will just take a minute or so of brushing to look pristine. If I could own just one Alden boot it would be a straight tip cordovan boot.post #68090 of 12241612/7/13 at 8:14amQuote:I think smoothie makes a good point here. For me it would be not that big of a deal. When you start wearing good shoes, and you want to take care of them, it becomes necessary to know of a competent cobbler.Originally Posted by smoothie1
Welcome to the forum. While I understand your question, I believe your concern is misplaced. I do not think a small space in the heel causes any problems. If you are so concerned about this issue, you can have the heel and rubber dovetail replaced by a local cobbler or Alden, which is a simple fix and likely unnecessary. Ultimately, after significant wear, the entire sole will need to be replaced anyway.
Cheers.post #68091 of 12241612/7/13 at 8:53ampost #68092 of 12241612/7/13 at 9:11ampost #68093 of 12241612/7/13 at 9:48ampost #68094 of 12241612/7/13 at 10:18ampost #68095 of 12241612/7/13 at 10:36ampost #68096 of 12241612/7/13 at 10:47ampost #68097 of 12241612/7/13 at 12:33pmThe Cigar and Whiskey LWB pre-orders from Alden NYC were $730. Glad I got to lock that in before any price increases, and I'm really hoping the Cigar doesn't look too dark. If they came out looking anything at all like the PTBs Mac posted yesterday, I would be ecstatic.post #68098 of 12241612/7/13 at 12:44pmpost #68099 of 12241612/7/13 at 12:44pm
I got a pair of cordovan cap toe boots in #8 on barrie last and I find them too chunky.
Im looking for something else in a slimmer last. So far it seems plaza or grant are my best bets? I know plaza is sleek grant should be too?
I cant find a 10.5 in stock in #8 boots anywhere except for grant at the shoemart.
Any other suggestions?post #68100 of 12241612/7/13 at 12:54pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Any good primers or FAQs on quality shoes? 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...