Five gallons of boiling oil and a large bird... I'd be hesitant to work that order with shell boots. But then again, I'm simply fearful of a pot of boiling oil. Hope it turned out tasty!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 5:49 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4502post #67516 of 12241611/28/13 at 6:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #67517 of 12241611/28/13 at 6:26pmpost #67518 of 12241611/28/13 at 6:49pmpost #67519 of 12241611/28/13 at 6:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Fresh out of the box from CitiShoes.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
good looking lhs wardrobepost #67520 of 12241611/28/13 at 6:58pmpost #67521 of 12241611/28/13 at 7:05pmpost #67522 of 12241611/28/13 at 8:22pm
curious if I could get some feedback from those more experienced in refinishing/maintaining of shell..
I acquired these shoes second hand and they were factory seconds from alden. they got beat up pretty bad after a night out in miami awhile back and sat in the corner for most of the year until recently where I decided to either clean them up or send back to alden to refinish..
one shoe has a very rough finish between the top of the toe cap and bottom of laces. I personally have never applied any wax to the shoes at all, just some reno across the toe cap awhile back.
I've been working with renomat tonight and have pulled a ton of color off them, but this one shoe still has a rough, almost sandpaper appearance. not sure if it's still product to come off, or too much of the factory finish has been removed..
either way, I'll likely ship them back for a resole and upper refinish (to aldens best ability), just curious if others have seen it and if so, can provide some feedback if there is anything else I can do..
thanks!!post #67523 of 12241611/28/13 at 9:12pmpost #67524 of 12241611/28/13 at 9:22pmpost #67525 of 12241611/28/13 at 9:31pmpost #67526 of 12241611/28/13 at 11:01pmpost #67527 of 12241611/29/13 at 5:52amQuote:Originally Posted by BootSpell
"...So at first I had a pair of whiskey longwings where the left shoe was 2 shades of orange. Now I have no idea what I have...."
Not sure whose quote this actually was (mtc2000 or scb), but the wording is hilarious. Sorry, not trying to minimize your frustration with what happened but your wording was priceless. Thanks for the laugh on Thanksgiving.
It was mine. Those longwings drove me crazy.post #67528 of 12241611/29/13 at 7:50ampost #67529 of 12241611/29/13 at 8:01am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › DROPS 01/23!!! Suits 38-40R. Borrelli, Sartoria Attolini, Zegna... 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 1 minute ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 2 minutes ago
- › How do I tell which Zegna Tux I bought? 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...