Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4496
Styleforum Top Picks
As an owner of several pairs of AE shoes I am very impressed by the craftsmanship of these boots. They are simply beautiful.
I was a little afraid on the sizing as I've never tried a shoe on in this last, but from first try on they feel as though they will fit great. Phew!
Two pictures and associated questions. Hopefully you'll humor me:
There's a section of the leather right behind the toe cap that is lighter than the rest. It's not so different that it's stands out when looking down while standing but it caught my eye when lacing them. Is this typical that the dyeing would show such contrast? Not thrilled on potentially waiting for an exchange, but given the price...
I presume this texture is just from a heavy layer of wax. Do you all typically remove some of the wax that comes on your shoes from the factory?
Thanks for any input.
FWIW, my Beckmans are my Barrie size or .5 down from brannock. They need much more break in time than other boots (Alden shell/CXL, 1K, OSB Trench, etc.) but once broken in, they fit very well. Had I gone TTS, I'd be swimming in them. After a year of wear, I still need relatively thick socks.
Edited by patrick_b - 11/28/13 at 7:29am
I posted this in the Classic Menswear forum thinking that was the proper place for this not thinking about this thread. Completely new to SF, sorry for the double post!
I just bought a pair of Florsheim Imperial LWB´s in shell and i love them. And now i want to get a pair of LWB or PTB in a lighter brown color, something like Alden´s whiskey.
Living in Sweden where it is impossible to find an Alden retailer i would like some input on the quality of Alden vs Florsheim, is it worth paying that kind of money for a pair of new Alden´s compared to vintage Florsheim´s? What are the differences?
Im perfectly comfortable with wearing vintage shoes and i am on a somewhat tight budget, but those Alden´s look damn sexy!
My question to the group is on the Alden recrafting. I brought these with the intention of having them recrafted but they look better than I expected. The only real issue is the dark crease on the left shoe and I hate to pay $160 just for that, especially since I'm not clear on if their service would include redying (their response to my question was vague on this point).
My specific question is whether Alden will redye or resinish the shell. My second question is whether anyone has had this type of experience with B. Nelson or another cobbler?
I really don't want to replace the soles or the heels but would like to remove the darkness in the creases. I'm also open to home remedy suggestions. I was hitting it with the deer bone and brushing but I don't think it's working. As always, any suggestions are appreciated.
I think they make a fine addition to my growing family of whiskey.........
Mine are color 8 v-cleats from the 70´s/early 80´s, from what i can tell the quality is really good.
Right now i am trying to decide between Florsheim v-cleats in tan pebble grain and Alden LWB in whiskey calf or chromexcel.
I´d love to get the Alden´s but i dont know if i can justify the difference in price to myself.
Please convince me someone!
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › FS: Big John Rare 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Official 2015-2016 college football thread 13 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 20 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 29 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 33 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 37 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 40 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 41 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 45 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories