or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4471  

post #67051 of 122416
^ that's them, they look amazing A. We should start a bad beats thread a la the world series of poker. I almost had 'em.
post #67052 of 122416
I tried going with my Barrie size on the Grant last and it was too tight. Needed a half size longer or wider
post #67053 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

Morning Gents,

I'm currently looking at a Grant boot and wanted to ask a question. Has anyone gone with their Barrie size when ordering a Grant lasted shoe/boot? If so, what areas seem tighter/looser on the Grant than the Barrie? I know everyone's feet are different but I'm looking for a little more detail/reasoning than simply "go TTS on the grant " etc.

Thanks in advance!

I am actually the same in Grant as Barrie. It is all about the shape of your foot. 

post #67054 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

My Grant boots in 10E are the same size as my Barrie 9.5E

Beat Harvard

And the fit is good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I tried going with my Barrie size on the Grant last and it was too tight. Needed a half size longer or wider
Too tight at the ball of your foot (width wise) or too short that your toes were cramped at the toe box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

I am actually the same in Grant as Barrie. It is all about the shape of your foot. 

Ok perfect, so with them being the same size, how do they feel different on the foot? Is the grant narrower?






Thanks for all of the input guys icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #67055 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Tailgating on fields tomorrow that may get muddy. Cigar captoes on commando or navy CXL wingtips on crepe?

A muddy field? I would leave those nice shoes home and wear a pair of true hiking boots, like Lowa or Merrill. At least have pair of something like these with you in the car. Barring that, bring galoshes.
post #67056 of 122416
IDK, I have a healthy respect for those who use their boots as boots. I never could my cigar indys receive more care than my car or any other objects I own.
post #67057 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

Morning Gents,

I'm currently looking at a Grant boot and wanted to ask a question. Has anyone gone with their Barrie size when ordering a Grant lasted shoe/boot? If so, what areas seem tighter/looser on the Grant than the Barrie? I know everyone's feet are different but I'm looking for a little more detail/reasoning than simply "go TTS on the grant " etc.

Thanks in advance!

The SA at the Alden-SF store told me that the Grant last was exactly like the Barrie last except for the very front, where the toe box is sleeker and has less volume.
post #67058 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

My Grant boots in 10E are the same size as my Barrie 9.5E

Beat Harvard
Very nice boots Alcibiades. Enjoy your Saturday.
post #67059 of 122416
a tip for those who would like to search the thread, and styleforum in general. in google, enter "search term site:styleforum.net". so for the deerbone you would enter "deerbone alden site:styleforum.net". i've found this yields better results than the forum search function.
post #67060 of 122416

Does anyone know of a more simple way to search the thread than using the "Search This Thread" function?  Is there a way that I can use google to find subjects that have been discussed previously in this thread?  If so, how would I structure the search query?  For example, say I wanted to search this thread for "deerbone"?

 

I want to find the answer to this question, but don't want to look for it.  Can someone just tell me please?

 

Thanks in advance.

post #67061 of 122416
My fellow shellheads, can anyone recommend a good source for a shell ipad sleeve that accommodates an ipad mini with a Smart Cover on it? Thanks!
post #67062 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by docalden2013 View Post

My fellow shellheads, can anyone recommend a good source for a shell ipad sleeve that accommodates an ipad mini with a Smart Cover on it? Thanks!

Seems a little shortsighted to me.  You will use the iPad for 2 years before getting a new one, the case would last decades.  Just get a cheap case that will better protect your iPad rather than serve as a status symbol.

 

That being said, there are people on Etsy that could probably make you one if you really wanted, but it would not be cheap.  Search Etsy for Shell Cordovan Wallets and you should be able to find the gentleman that I am thinking of, and likely a few others in addition.

post #67063 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Does anyone know of a more simple way to search the thread than using the "Search This Thread" function?  Is there a way that I can use google to find subjects that have been discussed previously in this thread?  If so, how would I structure the search query?  For example, say I wanted to search this thread for "deerbone"?

I want to find the answer to this question, but don't want to look for it.  Can someone just tell me please?

Thanks in advance.
Bravo. I see what you did there and I like it.
post #67064 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post

and there is no connection between the lengthof this thread and the many repeated questions? . Even if repeats did not materially add to the length of the thread it is a matter of courtesy and efficiency. Searching is not sifting through the thread. The beautubof searchbis precisely that you are targeting what you want, not sifting.

I never understand why some get bent out of shape about other people's time

Where does the inability to simply accept the fact that people use this forum differently. Who sets the standards? Would it be appropriate for me to get annoyed with your bad spelling? After all, why doesn't everyone just use spellcheck? It's simply a matter of courtesy.

Not trying to start a war, just saying we should all relax and enjoy what is really a great forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I generally agree with you but this week I found myself answering the same question multiple times (where to find antique color 8 LWBs) and reporting an answer I gave to 990 vs Dover question a couple or months ago. I've probably answered the Barrie boot vs shoe question 10 times. I am working on a FAQ / popular shoe retailer list

The funny thing Alcibiades is that I noticed this too. While I agree it can be a little annoying I just think some people sit on the sides 'lurking' and then decide to dip their toe in the water and ask a question just to be a part of the community. After all, if all we wanted was data we would do a google/bing search. Knowledge can be intimidating and when someone is new to the forum and one of their first responses is to get hit with 'do a search, geez', it's just not very welcoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

It's not just that he asked the question again.
It's that he stated up front he knows the question has been asked before and that he's too lazy to go search for it himself.

Lazy? Here we go........

Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

While a search may or may not yield the results one is looking for, i believe that some individuals simply enjoy the interaction aspect of the back and forth dialogue.

Exactly!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 yrs View Post

a tip for those who would like to search the thread, and styleforum in general. in google, enter "search term site:styleforum.net". so for the deerbone you would enter "deerbone alden site:styleforum.net". i've found this yields better results than the forum search function.

Good info. Thanks.

Listen, I don't mean to lecture or get us off of our favorite topic. I've only been a member for a few months and when I look back on some of my initial questions I'm sure there were many veterans who rolled their eyes and thought 'where did this knucklehead come from', but they never posted it. Everyone was tolerant and patient. It just seems as though over the last month or so there has been a tad more impatience (and name-calling) creeping into more responses and I find it unfortunate. But I don't get to set the rules either and just because I find it unfortunate doesn't make it so,
post #67065 of 122416
We were all neophytes at one point or another. Engaging in dialogue helps new members become acquainted with the more experienced members. However as with any group individual tolerances vary.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.