Is anyone offering the antique edge on a #8 lwb?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 9:30 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4461
Styleforum Top Picks
Is there any way to make the thread more easily readable, like inserting a FAQ right after the first page? I am not a stickler for styleforum rules or best practices, but we get certain questions (how do Barrie shoes vs boots fit, where can I find cigar captoe boots or color 8 antique longwings, etc) seemingly multiple times a day. For example, it seems like dozens of posters own the Color 8 Antique Longwing from Leffot and have posted their examples, yet people still don't know where to find this shoe. There are so many posts in the thread that it may not be easy to find answers by searching.
BTW, Does anyone know where I can get replacement laces for my Indys?
I don't really blame readers for this issue - the thread moves very fast, and Alden is a confusing brand to follow. Since Alden lets retailers customize their own shoes and boots, there are hundreds of "models," so it is very hard to keep track of them. Even the "Alden stores" carry only a percentage of models. But if we can somehow make it easier for posters to get this information, the thread will be improved.
I have on pairs I've worn a ton. Alden's heel counters are very flat and unforgiving. I've personally found English shoes to have a lot more curvature to their heels. It probably doesn't help that I have a little boney bump on my heels.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not only a great collection, but a lot of these shoes are pretty uncommon
Does the unlined PTB have an antique welt? May I ask where you picked those up, they look pretty new!
Thank you sir!
Yes and it looks great, just got them from Leffot....get'em while there hot, I would guess they will sell quickly
By the sounds of things, those who were lucky enough to get on the Ravello wingtip boot order are soon to be very happy people indeed
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- › Styleforum in Paris: Streetstyle Pics 3 minutes ago
- › Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme Combat Boots Size 3 (US10) 3 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 13 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 19 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 21 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 26 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 27 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...