or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4426  

post #66376 of 122416

Hey All,

 

Not exactly the Marcoliani socks, but its a great price:

 

https://www.tanga.com/deals/men-s-12-pair-dress-socks?sdtid=6418102&affiliate_network=tanganetwork&click_id=309278805892ba345996606a10159615&affiliate=slickdeals&utm_source=tanganetwork&utm_campaign=slickdeals

 

Maybe we can get more Argyles and Shell this way... :-)

 

Thanks,

Mike

post #66377 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

They are not particularly hard to come by I don't think. A couple retailers have them at the moment. J Gilbert, Alden NYC and SanFran I believe. My experience with Trubalance is to size 1/2 down. They fit me nicely. I don't think you'll have much luck getting a discount.

Thank you!

Now on to the hunt for full eyelet, commando sole cordovan Indys!
post #66378 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post

Right now, I'm trying to determine if I should be concerned about the sole stitching around the welt of my new 403s (firsts). I've never had any shoes where it came this close to the edge, and being at the toe, this concerns me.


Completely normal from what I've seen. For some reason they can't/don't get the stitching as far inboard on the composite soles as they do on leather, and it doesn't tend to be a consistent distance from the edge.
post #66379 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

here are a few I posted recently. 2 pair of Alden Ravellos and the boots are AE walnut shell
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)













[\spoiler]

Extremely impressive group. Are the Dalton's commando? I've got the same boot and had the commando topy put on and I love the look.
post #66380 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post

Thank you!

Now on to the hunt for full eyelet, commando sole cordovan Indys!
I think you are going to find slim pickins with full eyelets as a criteria.
post #66381 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post


Completely normal from what I've seen. For some reason they can't/don't get the stitching as far inboard on the composite soles as they do on leather, and it doesn't tend to be a consistent distance from the edge.

 

That's pretty much what I decided. I didn't think it was worth worrying over, but I thought I'd check to make sure someone didn't have some horror story involving a similar shoe. I'd hate to give them up for a repair/replacement so soon anyways... especially since they're starting to break in nicely.

post #66382 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

They are on the aberdeen last.  A barrie lasted (semi-casual) monk intrigues me also.  I ordered an AE Norwich in Brown shell during the Rediscover America Sale hoping to score a similar shoe.  AE's 1 last usually works well for me, but for some reason it was too narrow in the forefoot region, but the tightest buckle setting was really loose (too wide).  The shell was also terrible in appearance.  The calf version I tried in store looked and felt pretty good.  I ended up returning them.  I've never tried the Alden monk.

I'm lucky I can recognize Barrie and I doubt that I'll ever be able to match a non-Barrie shoe to a last on-sight. Thanks for the info. About a month ago I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on some new shell AE monks on eBay. They had the shape of a Barrie-lasted shoe and looked really great. I still kick myself that I didn't grab them. The more I look at AE shells the more I like them and right now I'm way too unbalanced with Alden's. I would not mind picking up some AE monks. The search continues........
post #66383 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFride View Post
 

Fresh out of the box, Natural CXL City Mocs

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Great looking shoe. 

post #66384 of 122416
post #66385 of 122416

Do these promotions also apply to cordovan shoes?

Also, does anyone have experience with setting up one of these accounts with their company or employer? Is this an easy process?
post #66386 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

Hey All,

 

Not exactly the Marcoliani socks, but its a great price:

 

https://www.tanga.com/deals/men-s-12-pair-dress-socks?sdtid=6418102&affiliate_network=tanganetwork&click_id=309278805892ba345996606a10159615&affiliate=slickdeals&utm_source=tanganetwork&utm_campaign=slickdeals

 

Maybe we can get more Argyles and Shell this way... :-)

 

Thanks,

Mike

 

Not that I don't appreciate the heads up, but the devil is in the details.  (all 3 are deal-breakers for me.)

 

 

  • 95% polyester, 3% elastic, 2% spandex
  • Size: fits 10-13
  • Colors are randomly selected
 
post #66387 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Not that I don't appreciate the heads up, but the devil is in the details.  (all 3 are deal-breakers for me.)



  • 95% polyester, 3% elastic, 2% spandex


  • Size: fits 10-13


  • Colors are randomly selected





 


LoL. Sorry Bakes. :-)
post #66388 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFride View Post

Fresh out of the box, Natural CXL City Mocs





Double stitched?

Intriguing.
post #66389 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboard_knowledge View Post


Do these promotions also apply to cordovan shoes?

Also, does anyone have experience with setting up one of these accounts with their company or employer? Is this an easy process?

Go here and get the sign up info. Lots of employers offer the discount too and also many clubs. I know BMW CCA offers it.
http://lite.corporateperks.com/coupons/brooks-brothers/discount/600178/uSource/OLO/2x-points-employee-pricing
All you need are the two numbers and to remember the name of the company is Corporate Perks.

Unless something has changed (which I doubt), if you already have a BB account, you'll have to either call BB cust service and try and get them to apply the corporate membership to your existing BB account or create a new account. It's much easier to just create a new account.

The discount has applied to cordovan every time I've tried it. It also applies to the 3 for $XX shirt type deals. But the website, seemingly being powered by a bank of surplus Commodore 64s, is kind of funky as to when it decides if you meet the 3 for terms. Also prepare for the website to be up and down on the day of the sale. I think the last corporate sale they ended up extending it because the site was down most of the day. You should also be able to use your membership # in store.
post #66390 of 122416
I might need those city mocs....hhhmmmm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.