Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4396  

post #65926 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

^ Just don't start rooting for the Cowboys! : )

I'm a native Texan, born and raised in Dallas and there's no point in rooting for the Cowboys as long as Jerry Jones operates the team as he is.  I will mention the Cowboys regardless of their record are one of the most valuable sports franchises in the world and to my knowledge the most valuable NFL team.  Just goes to show you, winning games and making money are not always connected to each other!

 

See Ya,

 

Steve

post #65927 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post

Only thing missing is credit card balance!  smile.gif

See Ya,
Steve

you also need to see house mortgage and equity lines of credit. of course, more interesting is net worth
post #65928 of 122416
Interesting charts. My only quibble is with assessing income as opposed to net worth. I make a decent salary, but as Howlin' Wolf sang,

"Now looka here, I did not say I was a millionaire

But I said I have spent more money than a millionaire

'Cause if I had've kept all my money that I'd already spent, I would've been a millionaire a looong time ago ..."

He (probably) wasn't buying Aldens, but this QFT.

edit: mcarthur you beat me to the punch
post #65929 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


you also need to see house mortgage and equity lines of credit. of course, more interesting is net worth

I was just trying to keep it simple (and funny) since so many of us are impulse buyers when it comes to Alden's.  I'm lucky enough to pay them off every month, but earlier this year I bought at least 12 pairs of shells in a 1 month period!  If it was Ravello, Whiskey, or Cigar and my size I bought it!  In retrospect that was a good move...I could not find any of those shoes today!

 

See Ya,

Steve

post #65930 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

you also need to see house mortgage and equity lines of credit. of course, more interesting is net worth
I'd also think number of children is a huge factor.
post #65931 of 122416

Leffot Tankers

RRL moleskin chinos

 

AppleMark

post #65932 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post

I'm a native Texan, born and raised in Dallas and there's no point in rooting for the Cowboys as long as Jerry Jones operates the team as he is.  I will mention the Cowboys regardless of their record are one of the most valuable sports franchises in the world and to my knowledge the most valuable NFL team.  Just goes to show you, winning games and making money are not always connected to each other!

See Ya,

Steve
I hear you! Was just kidding around as a NY fan of a certain rival NFC East team in no position to do any trash talking this season! A buddy actually moved out to Dallas and changed allegiances. Not sure why I still speak to that traitor.
post #65933 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


you also need to see house mortgage and equity lines of credit. of course, more interesting is net worth

I much prefer to think about my income than my net worth...

post #65934 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post
 

I was just trying to keep it simple (and funny) since so many of us are impulse buyers when it comes to Alden's.  I'm lucky enough to pay them off every month, but earlier this year I bought at least 12 pairs of shells in a 1 month period!  If it was Ravello, Whiskey, or Cigar and my size I bought it!  In retrospect that was a good move...I could not find any of those shoes today!

 

See Ya,

Steve

I would also like to say thanks to all of the members on this forum.  As you can see...my join date was April of this year.  Due to information posted on this site, along with a lot of digging by me I've managed to put together a very nice collection of Alden shell shoes, and a few non shell too.  I did not own 1 pair of Alden's before April of this year.  Now I'm a junkie.  I did not know the names of any of the contact people at the Alden stores, I did not know rare colors, or styles.  The only thing I knew was I like the way they are built.  I did not know about the Shoemart 2nds list, the Leather Soul Last Pair sale, the JCrew sale, the Brooks Brothers Corporate sale.  All of this is due to this forums help.  I just wanted to give a shout out:

 

Thanks you members of the Styleforum Official Alden thread!  Those of you who helped me know who you are, my hats off to you!

 

See Ya,

Steve

post #65935 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
thank you
the nst is one of alden's best models

+1 (shoes and boots)
post #65936 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


I hear you! Was just kidding around as a NY fan of a certain rival NFC East team in no position to do any trash talking this season! A buddy actually moved out to Dallas and changed allegiances. Not sure why I still speak to that traitor.

Hey budapest12...no problem!  At least the Giants have some recent Super Bowl wins.  Tony Romo can only beat himself!

 

See Ya,

Steve

post #65937 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

I much prefer to think about my income than my net worth...

No Doubt income is a game changer rydenfan!  I'm curious if the members of this forum with a large shoe collections have any type of special insurance coverage?  Between my Alden Collection and my cowboy boot collection I've amassed a vast investment that is not replaceable.  How does one go about trying to protect that investment insurance wise, specially when some items are worth way more than what you paid?  In particular cowboy boots with ultra rare hides have gone up value wise 10 times more than what I paid for them, and still going up.  They are somewhat like rare art that escalates over the years.  Looking for ideas on how to protect that investment.

 

See Ya,

Steve

post #65938 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


I'd also think number of children is a huge factor.

I agree...my Alden collection did not begin until my last kid graduated college!

 

See Ya,

Steve

post #65939 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post

No Doubt income is a game changer rydenfan!  I'm curious if the members of this forum with a large shoe collections have any type of special insurance coverage?  Between my Alden Collection and my cowboy boot collection I've amassed a vast investment that is not replaceable.  How does one go about trying to protect that investment insurance wise, specially when some items are worth way more than what you paid?  In particular cowboy boots with ultra rare hides have gone up value wise 10 times more than what I paid for them, and still going up.  They are somewhat like rare art that escalates over the years.  Looking for ideas on how to protect that investment.

See Ya,
Steve

Make sure you have enough personal property loss protection (or a separate rider), and inventory them. Pics never hurt either.
post #65940 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

One more graphic, since this seemed to be interesting to some, earlier.

 

Interesting that there's very little correlation between income and size of collection.  While many have remarked about the relatively high concentration of income at the higher bracket, there's little evidence that these people own more shoes than other income tiers.  I would have expected to see a positive correlation between income and collection, esp given the sample population of Alden fanatics.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.