Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4375post #65611 of 12241611/9/13 at 6:29pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #65612 of 12241611/9/13 at 6:31pm
Yeah the grant captoes are untouchable. Theoretically the tankers and the bluchers can get a bit repetitive, though both get plenty of wear (I have worn both the past seven days). Honestly I will wear the bluchers more in the spring and summer anyway, so I should really keep all three.post #65613 of 12241611/9/13 at 6:55pmpost #65614 of 12241611/9/13 at 6:57pmpost #65615 of 12241611/9/13 at 6:59pmQuote:
Yeah, I'm on several preorders from that run (black WT blucher, color 8 pitt boots and the CXL plaza wingtip). I'm hoping for arrival in time for Fall 2014.post #65616 of 12241611/9/13 at 7:19pmpost #65617 of 12241611/9/13 at 7:20pmpost #65618 of 12241611/9/13 at 7:23pmpost #65619 of 12241611/9/13 at 7:40pmpost #65620 of 12241611/9/13 at 9:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by coinopcollector
Here you go, my 20 year Hanover LWBs. They actually look much better in person than the picture shows. I abused them badly for many years. In fact early on I used to polish them regularly with black paste wax because that was what I was told to do by an old timer. As noted still worn weekly.
That is one nice looking shoe. Thanks for the pic.post #65621 of 12241611/9/13 at 9:58pm
Seriously???? Twenty years? Very nicely done uncle. Thanks for the pic.
Edit - because of this pic, I grabbed my jcrew color 8 LWB's, brushed them, and they are ready for work tomorrow morning. These look delicious and mine aren't quite there yet, but this pic definitely motivated me to pull mine out.
Edited by Shawnc - 11/10/13 at 6:59ampost #65622 of 12241611/9/13 at 10:32pmpost #65623 of 12241611/9/13 at 10:32pmpost #65624 of 12241611/9/13 at 10:40pm
Finally took delivery of all my Aldens from J. Crew. Settled on two pair:
Hoping the first pair starts to look a bit more broken in like the picture. I was looking to do them with denim more than anything. Second pair is amazing. Pictures don't do them justice. Can't believe I haven't seen more pics of them in this thread.post #65625 of 12241611/9/13 at 11:06pmQuote:
I haven't seen any since relocating here in August. In fairness, I work in a notoriously casual discipline (IT) of an exceptionally casual industry (entertainment). Wearing a t-shirt without a slogan or wrinkles can be construed as being "dressed up" by the people I work with.
The general business dress I've seen here runs toward dark, often black suits with no tie and nondescript footwear. I've seen some awful shoes on the Metro.Quote:
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 11 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 20 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 20 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 21 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?