Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4338
Styleforum Top Picks
In the face of way too many recent buys, starting to question my Leffot #8 Tanker pre order so far as fitting into my wardrobe. For those who have it, do they successfully get any real use as a business casual boot or it mostly a casual wear item? I really like it but wondering if I should let it go. Thanks.
I have the #8 Tankers (from Context though and not Leffot) and they get the most wear of any of my boots, especially in the fall and the winter. I wear a lot of tweed, moleskin, and corduroy to the office and they work great with all of those. I'll also wear them with my flannel trousers and a sportcoat quite a bit too. About the only thing I will not wear them with is an actual suit. IMO, they are definitely not sleek boots and they seem to work best with an outfit with some texture.
Color 8 Tassel. It wouldn't be my first choice for either scenario, but if I had to go with one that serves both purposes, I think utility is maximized with such a selection.
This will probably be the only vote for them, but I'll say the 4-eyelet handsewn blucher. In Color #8 I have PTB, LWB, SWB, chukkas, and the Tanker boot and these get the most wear of anything I own, by far. As an added bonus, they are on the flex welt sole which is extremely comfortable. They may be bordering on the old man side of things, but it's hard to beat the comfort and the versatility.
If you like the looks of the LHS loafer but loafers aren't for you for whatever reason, these are a really good alternative.
My second choice would be PTB. It's hard to go wrong with such a simple design like the plain toe.
Ugh. This is too hard.
For as many purposes as possible? Probably a shortwing, or some straight tip captoe bluchers.
I agree with Ryden 100%. Commando is perfect. When you are wearing them and even from the side it is really hard to tell they are a lugged sole.
I'm wearing my #8 Captoes on Grant today. Double leather sole. Go 1/2 up from Trubalance on these. These fit just as good as my Trubalance lasted boots. These are from The Shoe Mart, but a couple retailers have them.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'd go with the medallion cap toe blucher (2145), but there are a bunch of other nice options also.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- › Official Sales Alert thread 22 seconds ago
- › Black cords - what goes??? 4 minutes ago
- › UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena,... 4 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Black Captoe Oxford GMTO 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › The Official BLUE BLUE JAPAN thread - all things indigo, many... 7 minutes ago
- › Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing 8 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories