Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 12:06 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4338
Styleforum Top Picks
PSA: the ravello NST shoes (aberdeen) that I returned to shoemart have finally shown up (they went missing for a couple days)
if anyone is TTS 12D, may be worth ringing them up. they were selling them for $450 when I bought them two weeks ago
In the face of way too many recent buys, starting to question my Leffot #8 Tanker pre order so far as fitting into my wardrobe. For those who have it, do they successfully get any real use as a business casual boot or it mostly a casual wear item? I really like it but wondering if I should let it go. Thanks.
I have the #8 Tankers (from Context though and not Leffot) and they get the most wear of any of my boots, especially in the fall and the winter. I wear a lot of tweed, moleskin, and corduroy to the office and they work great with all of those. I'll also wear them with my flannel trousers and a sportcoat quite a bit too. About the only thing I will not wear them with is an actual suit. IMO, they are definitely not sleek boots and they seem to work best with an outfit with some texture.
Color 8 Tassel. It wouldn't be my first choice for either scenario, but if I had to go with one that serves both purposes, I think utility is maximized with such a selection.
This will probably be the only vote for them, but I'll say the 4-eyelet handsewn blucher. In Color #8 I have PTB, LWB, SWB, chukkas, and the Tanker boot and these get the most wear of anything I own, by far. As an added bonus, they are on the flex welt sole which is extremely comfortable. They may be bordering on the old man side of things, but it's hard to beat the comfort and the versatility.
If you like the looks of the LHS loafer but loafers aren't for you for whatever reason, these are a really good alternative.
My second choice would be PTB. It's hard to go wrong with such a simple design like the plain toe.
Ugh. This is too hard.
For as many purposes as possible? Probably a shortwing, or some straight tip captoe bluchers.
I agree with Ryden 100%. Commando is perfect. When you are wearing them and even from the side it is really hard to tell they are a lugged sole.
I'm wearing my #8 Captoes on Grant today. Double leather sole. Go 1/2 up from Trubalance on these. These fit just as good as my Trubalance lasted boots. These are from The Shoe Mart, but a couple retailers have them.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'd go with the medallion cap toe blucher (2145), but there are a bunch of other nice options also.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 11 seconds ago
- › Unlined Rancourt Caramel Shell Pinch Penny Loafer 8.5D 32 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 37 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...