I love that Leffot has their second round of tan suede LWB's going into production before I can get a pair I ordered from Leather Sole like 2 years ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4314post #64696 of 12241610/31/13 at 11:11ampost #64697 of 12241610/31/13 at 11:20ampost #64698 of 12241610/31/13 at 11:21ampost #64699 of 12241610/31/13 at 11:25ampost #64700 of 12241610/31/13 at 11:27ampost #64701 of 12241610/31/13 at 11:33amDilemna: Alden NYC does not have the color8 wingtip boot on commando in stock and probably not until sometime next year, but Alden SF has it in stock on double leather...
I had wanted the commando, but now with the double leather available....
BUT I really like the wheeled edge of the double leather...post #64702 of 12241610/31/13 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by tifosi
Dilemna: Alden NYC does not have the color8 wingtip boot on commando in stock and probably not until sometime next year, but Alden SF has it in stock on double leather...
I had wanted the commando, but now with the double leather available....
BUT I really like the wheeled edge of the double leather...
What about the Plaza version on commando from J Gilbert? They should have it in 4-6 monthspost #64703 of 12241610/31/13 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Profligate47
I really like these two models from Epaulet and cannot decide between the two. I need a casual shoe for minor weather--i.e., rain, light snow etc. I want a commando sole and if I could combine these two, I'd be home free.
I like the closed heel, commando, and eyelets on the blucher, but dislike the white ?? welt. Possibly Nick could darken?
I like the wingtip but not the extended heel (360 welt?) and not sure of waterlock sole since I've never had it.
Any comments welcomed...
Thanks. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
There were already a lot of votes for the short wings and I'll add my voice to that list.
I don't normally like short wings with a lot of casual looks, especially denim, but I think the Alden alpine grain leather combined with the short wing would work really well for quite a bit. And if you really wanted a commando sole, you could always take it to a good cobbler near you (or send of to somewhere like the ever recommended B. Nelson in NYC) and have the soles changed.post #64704 of 12241610/31/13 at 11:38ampost #64705 of 12241610/31/13 at 11:41amQuote:
gotcha, I am in the minority here and would go opposite. I actually like the NST on a more rounded toe box.
I would probably hold out for the NYC version. I find the double leather sole to be a really pain to break in and make comfortable where as the commando is great right away.post #64706 of 12241610/31/13 at 11:41am
is there a reason you don't want this one? Barrie and commando and in stock in an 8...post #64707 of 12241610/31/13 at 11:42amQuote:I miss the brogueing around the heel. The AOC model doesn't have it. I just think it completes the look...Originally Posted by rydenfan
is there a reason you don't want this one? Barrie and commando and in stock in an 8...post #64708 of 12241610/31/13 at 11:43am
The Whiskey PTBs from Alden DC have just arrived. I open the box to find that they sent me a 9D instead of 8D I went from 100-0 in zero seconds flat. WTF!!!!! Here are some pics, anyway. If anyone is a size 9D and interested in this pair, shoot me a PM. If not, I will be sending them back.
Here's a comparison pic verus my ravello LWB (new stock)post #64709 of 12241610/31/13 at 11:43ampost #64710 of 12241610/31/13 at 11:45amQuote:You HAVE TO sell me those ravello LWB!!!!!!!Originally Posted by alexandchau
The Whiskey PTBs from Alden DC have just arrived. I open the box to find that they sent me a 9D instead of 8D I went from 100-0 in zero seconds flat. WTF!!!!! Here are some pics, anyway. If anyone is a size 9D and interested in this pair, shoot me a PM. If not, I will be sending them back. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 36 seconds ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 57 seconds ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...