or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4282  

post #64216 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

Gentlemen,

Work takes me to Sacramento and Orange County this week. Quite a change from Tampa!

I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the ways of Alden in Sacramento, but Orange County has Gary's.

Have any of you been to Gary's?

I was thinking of driving to Leather Soul but that's a hike from the OC I believe.

Any suggestions are welcomed!

Gary's? Never heard of it. All I knew about in SoCal was Leather Soul.
post #64217 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

Gentlemen,

Work takes me to Sacramento and Orange County this week. Quite a change from Tampa!

I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the ways of Alden in Sacramento, but Orange County has Gary's.

Have any of you been to Gary's?

I was thinking of driving to Leather Soul but that's a hike from the OC I believe.

Any suggestions are welcomed!

Leather Soul doesn't have that many Aldens in stock, especially shell and most of it is stock so probably not worth drive unless you want to see other brands
post #64218 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbix View Post

I'm pretty sure Namor might literally kill for these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

pretty sure they are his size

The grain on the captoes are mismatched. What a shame because I would be contacting blaster
post #64219 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


The grain on the captoes are mismatched. What a shame because I would be contacting blaster

In addition to this, they're already pending...
post #64220 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Gary's? Never heard of it. All I knew about in SoCal was Leather Soul.
Been to Gary's over a decade ago when I lived in HB. Great shop but I don't remember if they had Alden back then.
post #64221 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

In addition to this, they're already pending...

Congrats man. Beautiful boots
post #64222 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

Gentlemen,

Work takes me to Sacramento and Orange County this week. Quite a change from Tampa!

I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the ways of Alden in Sacramento, but Orange County has Gary's.

Have any of you been to Gary's?

I was thinking of driving to Leather Soul but that's a hike from the OC I believe.

Any suggestions are welcomed!

I've been to Gary's many times … I live in OC. Not much exciting going on there Alden-wise. Their Alden stock is "basic" at best and has been there a long while. Fashion Island (the outdoor shopping mall it's located in) is worth a visit if you're in the area. The Great Maple is just across the way from there and is good for a cocktail and a snack.
post #64223 of 122416

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

If the fit is great with the exception of an extra 1/4 inch in length, I'd say you're doing pretty well with that shoe. Others may demand otherwise, but I'm good with a little roominess.

 

Interesting enough they're not roomy feeling. Just extra length. Fit fine everywhere else. Tried one more size down to a 9 and the link is a bit better, but not a big difference and they pinch my toes. Don't expect much if any stretching in the toe box. Beautiful shoes though. IMO they're perfect for denim:

 

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/JCrewingoodcompany/Alden/PRDOVR~02023/02023.jsp

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

 

 

 

If the "fit feels good", I wouldn't worry about the length of the them compared to your other shoes. I have many pairs of boots that I feel fit me perfectly but they vary quite a bit in actual length. If they feel good on your feet, they are fine.

 

Does @BLAUGRANA mean that you are a Barca fan? Big Clasico this weekend. Went to a Barca game at the Camp Nou last year. Incredible!

 

Yeah, comparing them to my McNairys in general, but when compared to the Barbour x Grenson boots I have they're even longer. However the Grensons seem a bit too short. As I noted above though, they feel great.

 

Yeah, big fan. I was a paying supporter for four seasons. Just stopped last season since I didn't foresee making it over this season. I've been to the Camp Nou four times. Incredible indeed and they've put on a few shows for me.

 

 

Anyway, cheers for the replies lads.  I just want to decide as I have two more styles on their way from J. Crew.  One if not both have been backordered now though. 

post #64224 of 122416

Just reading through the last few pages.  What was the deal with ShoeMart?  Some sort of discount code?

post #64225 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post
 

Just reading through the last few pages.  What was the deal with ShoeMart?  Some sort of discount code?

 

handful of cigar, whiskey, and ravello in size 10+ were discounted down to $450. everyone seems to be getting first quality. I got cigar indys that look great, but sent back ravello nst as I wasn't happy with the finishing (not quite seconds quality though for alden I guess)

 

there were still a couple 11.5-12 pieces available, atleast from when I talked with them on friday. possibly smaller sizes too but I didn't have a need to ask

post #64226 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

I own a pair, in that same size, and pondered whether it would be foolish to buy a second pair and get these rotflmao.gif
I own a pair, in my size not 11.5, and pondering whether it would be foolish to buy a second pair and get these. (I wouldn't really, but I did consider bidding on a #4 chukka auction a few months back. they were 2 full sizes too small for me, but so dreamy.
The daytrippers are pretty amazing.
post #64227 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstar View Post


Thanks, glad you find the pics helpful!

 

They really go with everything. I have worn the wingtips with jeans, khakis, and a charcoal gray suit and they worked well with all. In my opinion, any of these boots would work with just about any pants except for black.

 

You might get lucky on the PCT, they do seem to ship earlier than their estimated date in my experience.



That would be awesome. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Thanks very much for the reply.
post #64228 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

 

handful of cigar, whiskey, and ravello in size 10+ were discounted down to $450. everyone seems to be getting first quality. I got cigar indys that look great, but sent back ravello nst as I wasn't happy with the finishing (not quite seconds quality though for alden I guess)

 

there were still a couple 11.5-12 pieces available, atleast from when I talked with them on friday. possibly smaller sizes too but I didn't have a need to ask

 

Cheers.  Sounds like bigger sizes.  I'll have to keep my eyes open for this.  

post #64229 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


The grain on the captoes are mismatched. What a shame because I would be contacting blaster
Those Day Trippers were my size too, but l discounted the mis-matched cap toes because they are considered here to be a real prize. Sadly my money was too slow.
post #64230 of 122416
cant fix mismatched grains. its an annoying mistake especially on a captoe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.