Lookin' really good DV. Anxious for cord weather to come my way...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:38 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4271post #64051 of 12241610/25/13 at 7:51pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64052 of 12241610/25/13 at 7:53pmpost #64053 of 12241610/25/13 at 8:04pmQuote:
Regardless of which way one leans politically here, I think we can all agree that if we want any political advice or dialog we can find another medium for exchange.post #64054 of 12241610/25/13 at 8:05pmpost #64055 of 12241610/25/13 at 8:13pm
Apparently we'd all pay for a horse's @rse if the price is right, but avoid contact with water at all costs.
(That was stupid but I thought we could use some comic relief. "Can we all just get along?")post #64056 of 12241610/25/13 at 8:14pmQuote:Great idea! Thanks Seven!
I had time to call today. Unfortunately, they seem to be very scarce. Anyone notice any timing pattern for Alden BB cordovan restocks? I guess I've got a couple months before I have to return them.post #64057 of 12241610/25/13 at 8:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shawnc
It is neither my intent to look a gift horse in the mouth or to belabor a point, but as I begin the break-in process on my whiskey LWB's from the recent TSM madness, I'm wondering why in the heck they would sell me a shoe for $450 that they could have easily sold to me for $661. Given that many of the scores described on these pages are for exotics, and most have confirmed that theirs doesn't appear to be seconds or returns, it simply doesn't make sense. Not only would I have gladly paid full price, I would have been on pins and needles until they arrived. My theory, which is undoubtably based on wishful thinking, is that Horween finally has enough stock of exotics that they are ready to flood the market and put an end to the misery of those who have spent the past few years trying to score ravello, color 6, etc. Again, probably wishful thinking.
I was hoping to get the perspective of some of the more seasoned Alden wearers on why this happened and whether it has happened in the recent past.
Call Joe or Ed at TSM and ask him. I suspect he will give you a straight answer as to why TSM discounted them. They have always been up front with me.post #64058 of 12241610/25/13 at 8:21pmQuote:
You are welcome. I have acquired a few Alden for BB models by doing exactly this.
Not sure about timing patterns, but the most recent major restock was the tassel in color 8.post #64059 of 12241610/25/13 at 8:31pmpost #64060 of 12241610/25/13 at 8:34pmpost #64061 of 12241610/25/13 at 8:37pmpost #64062 of 12241610/25/13 at 8:49pmQuote:
Thanks again. That is actually a really great tip … it's like pulling teeth trying to get my local SA's to hunt down an item from another store. They do it, but they make it very apparent that I'm putting them out
BB = Love/Hatepost #64063 of 12241610/25/13 at 9:53pmpost #64064 of 12241610/25/13 at 9:55pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 21 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 22 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 27 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 30 minutes ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 32 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 34 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.