Fine collection my friend! Color 8 is without a doubt, King...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:09 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4262post #63916 of 12241610/24/13 at 6:46pmpost #63917 of 12241610/24/13 at 6:49pmQuote:
Wow, beautiful boots, beautiful photos! Are you intentionally sticking with Barries due to fit/comfort, or is it just coincidental that you've liked/found these configurations?post #63918 of 12241610/24/13 at 6:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by sorabji
So I bought a pair of Aldens on eBay, and they were stolen -- someone stole the USPS box from my front doorstep. If you see these Aldens pop up for sale anywhere please send me a PM.
Very angry right now.
That's a shame. I absolutely love Alden's snuff suede. Great looking boot. I hope you find it, if not, I hope you find another one. All the best...post #63919 of 12241610/24/13 at 6:52pmQuote:
No need to apologize. I hate signature required. I work for a living and it's tough to make arrangements. Fortunately I've been lucky but I truly feel for you. They look like sweet boots at a great price.post #63920 of 12241610/24/13 at 6:55pmQuote:
Stealing mail is a federal crime covered under Section 1708 of Title 18 of the United States Code. Be sure to file a report AND check with your homeowner's policy, it might be covered!post #63921 of 12241610/24/13 at 7:02pmQuote:
My maildude doesn't even leave the sign and redeliver slip anymore. They just forward it to the local non-post office package center for pickup. Thankfully that place is fairly convenient for me.post #63922 of 12241610/24/13 at 7:12pmQuote:
Thanks! I like the Barrie for fit and comfort, it works really well for me. I tried Grant boots in several sizes/widths and just could not get it to work for me; D was too narrow in the front and E was too wide in the heel. With an 8D Barrie, it is like someone traced my foot, fits beautifully. I do like the look of the last too, looks great on boots which is what I normally wear.post #63923 of 12241610/24/13 at 7:15pmpost #63924 of 12241610/24/13 at 7:16pmGot my Whiskey LWB's ordered from TSM this past weekend. And while I'm no expert I can say without equivocation that these shoes are not seconds. They are absolutely flawless and I couldn't be more pleased.
I have examined these with a fine tooth comb and there is not one flaw with these shoes. I could not be happier. Timing is truly everything.post #63925 of 12241610/24/13 at 7:18pmpost #63926 of 12241610/24/13 at 7:25pmpost #63927 of 12241610/24/13 at 7:51pmpost #63928 of 12241610/24/13 at 8:01pmQuote:
this last run didn't come to light from either. a member on here stopped into the store, saw the prices etc, and came in and posted here.
shoemart probably moved $20,000 worth of alden in 5 dayspost #63929 of 12241610/24/13 at 8:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by wildstar
Thanks! I like the Barrie for fit and comfort, it works really well for me. I tried Grant boots in several sizes/widths and just could not get it to work for me; D was too narrow in the front and E was too wide in the heel. With an 8D Barrie, it is like someone traced my foot, fits beautifully. I do like the look of the last too, looks great on boots which is what I normally wear.
My sentiments and experience with both lasts to the letter! Congrats on a great collection.post #63930 of 12241610/24/13 at 8:32pmQuote:
HUGE thanks to the original poster on the invetory at TSM.....I likely would have not ever purchase these (ravello NSTs) at full retail even if I cam across them somewhere.....thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I am with you KW.....ravello, whiskey, cigar......yes, please!!!!
Too bad the line must be drawn at some point......at least for now.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › 8.5D - Alden For Brooks Brothers Shell Cordovan PTB - Shipped... 1 minute ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 10 minutes ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 22 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 28 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 31 minutes ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...