Your boots look great.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 5:02 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4183post #62732 of 12241610/11/13 at 1:36pmQuote:That is how my toes look, too.Originally Posted by patrick_b
For years, I thought I developed that wear pattern due to my gait. It wasn't until I learned of the Mac [break-in] method that I understood how it happens. With that said, I rarely bother to break in the double leather soles on carpet to avoid the toe wear. I'm far too impatient. I do follow his shoe care steps.
They are shoes...post #62733 of 12241610/11/13 at 1:46pmpost #62734 of 12241610/11/13 at 1:53pmpost #62735 of 12241610/11/13 at 1:58pm
I've come to the conclusion that presentation is important. I've got these shoes and they've never looked this good on me. I don't know if it's the whole 'godfather' thing that you've got going on or something else, but you make these look much better than I ever have. Very nicely done.post #62736 of 12241610/11/13 at 2:17pmpost #62737 of 12241610/11/13 at 3:08pmpost #62738 of 12241610/11/13 at 3:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Maiden voyage of the J Crew PCT boots I ordered back in August. These just randomly showed up yesterday, I checked the tracking online and it looks like they are still sitting in Greensboro, NC. They must have been shipped back to J Crew and then re-sent to me, because the label had my new address printed on it.
Gorgeous! I'll be getting mine in December and I can't wait! I dropped by a local mens boutique today to confirm I was a 9 on the Barrie and actually fell in love with the Aberdeen last. It's a shame these boots weren't made on it! Do you see yourself wearing these boots with wool trousers, or just denim/chinos?post #62739 of 12241610/11/13 at 3:50pmQuote:
The Alden Man's Creed
These are my chukkas. There are many like them, but these are mine.
My chukkas are my best friend. They are my life. I must master them as I must master my life.
My chukkas, without me, are useless. Without my chukkas, I am useless. I must wear my chukkas true. I must walk straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must kick him before he kicks me. I will...
My chukkas and I know that what counts in this life is not the miles we walk, the size of our gait, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the kicks that count. We will kick...
My chukkas are human, even as I, because they are my life. Thus, I will care for them as a brother. I will learn their weaknesses, their strengths, their parts, their threads, their laces and their soles. Because they are my soul. I will keep my chukkas clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed. My chukkas and I are the defenders of my feet. We are the masters of our streets, valleys and streams. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!post #62740 of 12241610/11/13 at 4:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by losrockets
Gorgeous! I'll be getting mine in December and I can't wait! I dropped by a local mens boutique today to confirm I was a 9 on the Barrie and actually fell in love with the Aberdeen last. It's a shame these boots weren't made on it! Do you see yourself wearing these boots with wool trousers, or just denim/chinos?
I'll definitely wear these with dress trousers in the winter. These will look great with a pair of tweed trousers with nice beefy cuffs.post #62741 of 12241610/11/13 at 4:13pmpost #62742 of 12241610/11/13 at 4:49pmpost #62743 of 12241610/11/13 at 4:59pmpost #62744 of 12241610/11/13 at 5:15pmpost #62745 of 12241610/11/13 at 8:18pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 200k Push-Ups in 2016 6 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 6 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 6 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 8 minutes ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 10 minutes ago
- › 7/25 PRICE DROP! PREMIUM TIES - BIGI CRAVATE MILANO, SOZZI, YELLOW... 10 minutes ago
- › Handsomeness Secrets 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding