Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:05 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4176post #62626 of 12241610/10/13 at 5:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62627 of 12241610/10/13 at 6:46ampost #62628 of 12241610/10/13 at 6:51ampost #62629 of 12241610/10/13 at 6:58ampost #62630 of 12241610/10/13 at 7:02ampost #62631 of 12241610/10/13 at 7:22am
They're worth the wait … these are J. Gilbert's with Commando Sole. I think they're about to have their first birthday!Quote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
No whiskey today, but the ravello LWBs made it out. Is it me, or do these look a lot like Unipair's shade of color 4?? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great color RTP! You wear them well!
I went TTS … half down from Barrie. Fit is good.
Go get em' Tiger! The Nightshade is a great color; and the herringbone pattern is nice as well.post #62632 of 12241610/10/13 at 7:27ampost #62633 of 12241610/10/13 at 7:56ampost #62634 of 12241610/10/13 at 8:54ampost #62635 of 12241610/10/13 at 8:58am
Perfect tie for boot wearers even if it does say Red Wing. http://pierreponthicks.com/collections/club-ties/products/red-wing-boot-tiepost #62636 of 12241610/10/13 at 8:59amQuote:
One of Alden's best
This may be blasphemy, but I prefer the NST pattern with more rounded / pointed toes, like Barrie and Aberdeen, as opposed to the Plaza, where the main moc toe looks too square to me. I think The Shoe Mart Aberdeen NST boots look a lot better than the Plaza version, and I prefer the Barrie Tankers over the Plaza (and Trubalance) versions. However, people love the Plaza, so carry onpost #62637 of 12241610/10/13 at 9:08ampost #62638 of 12241610/10/13 at 9:10ampost #62639 of 12241610/10/13 at 9:17ampost #62640 of 12241610/10/13 at 9:30am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Currently, there are 1599 Active Users (393 Members and 1206 Guests)
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 21 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 38 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 1 minute ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...