Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4154  

post #62296 of 122416

Picked up an American classic from Alden SF yesterday.

post #62297 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post


Definitely the same shoe. The 2nd shot seals it for me. I haven't worn mine either but I did apply some alden water protector and gave them a good brushing and buffing last night. Calling for a cold front with rain in Pgh tonight (after we spank St. Louis) and tomorrow. Might take em out for a spin. Thanks.

I'm in tahn this weekend because I'm looking at a grad school tomarr.  Good thing I brought my SWIMS and Defender!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquiti View Post
 

Picked up an American classic from Alden SF yesterday.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Nice score! (Nice pics too!) A testament to why black shell is indeed :nodding: after all.

post #62298 of 122416

I recently purchased some Indy's from Leffot (CXL w/ commando sole) and received them at the end of August. I have been wearing them normally and have not subjected them to anything incredibly harsh--I've walked on some dirt/gravel paths, and only in very light water with them so far.

 

I went to condition them for the first time today and noticed that the rubber commando heel is separating from the stacked leather midsole. Pics:

 

 

Now I don't know if this is normal as far as Alden is concerned but these are expensive boots (my first pair) and I don't want this to turn into anything more serious with continued wear. Should I be contacting Alden about this?

post #62299 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

I'm in tahn this weekend because I'm looking at a grad school tomarr.  Good thing I brought my SWIMS and Defender!

Pittsburgh is a well-kept secret in many quarters but really has a lot to offer. Fantastic value on houses, reasonable cost of living, and for grad students, 3 top-notch schools all within 5 miles of each other. CMU, Pitt, and Duquesne is about as good as it gets in terms of choices so close to each other. One notch down and you have Point Park and Robert Morris. All great options. Good luck and enjoy your visit.
post #62300 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilz4 View Post

I recently purchased some Indy's from Leffot (CXL w/ commando sole) and received them at the end of August. I have been wearing them normally and have not subjected them to anything incredibly harsh--I've walked on some dirt/gravel paths, and only in very light water with them so far.

I went to condition them for the first time today and noticed that the rubber commando heel is separating from the stacked leather midsole. Pics:






Now I don't know if this is normal as far as Alden is concerned but these are expensive boots (my first pair) and I don't want this to turn into anything more serious with continued wear. Should I be contacting Alden about this?

I would contact Leffot immediately.
post #62301 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post

I would contact Leffot immediately.

+ 1. That is not normal and should be taken care of by retailer/manufacturer.
Edited by aldenwear - 10/6/13 at 4:50pm
post #62302 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by i10casual View Post

I don't think anyone else is placing the shoe on a red brick sole right now.

the brick sole is nifty, but i'm mostly just curious to see what other navy cxl makeups are out there. it seems like a really cool but simple change that i don't see a lot of people using. or if someone can just point me to another place that has navy lwbs i'd appreciate that too smile.gif
post #62303 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilz4 View Post

I recently purchased some Indy's from Leffot (CXL w/ commando sole) and received them at the end of August. I have been wearing them normally and have not subjected them to anything incredibly harsh--I've walked on some dirt/gravel paths, and only in very light water with them so far.

I went to condition them for the first time today and noticed that the rubber commando heel is separating from the stacked leather midsole. Pics:






Now I don't know if this is normal as far as Alden is concerned but these are expensive boots (my first pair) and I don't want this to turn into anything more serious with continued wear. Should I be contacting Alden about this?

I've seen this before. You use one boot to pry the other off? Scuffs on the stacked leather is a giveaway.
post #62304 of 122416
PSA: JCREW has a 25% off code that seems to work on Aldens. That bring the captoe Shell Boots down to $500.

See code below!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
CODE: INSTYLE25
post #62305 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiqui

that broguing is awesome, so fatty and substantial, almost tricker status.

post #62306 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

I missed out too...and I love love love them. I'll probably old out for CXL PTBs from TSM. How's that for inside show jargon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideout View Post

the brick sole is nifty, but i'm mostly just curious to see what other navy cxl makeups are out there. it seems like a really cool but simple change that i don't see a lot of people using. or if someone can just point me to another place that has navy lwbs i'd appreciate that too smile.gif

Alden NYC has two navy cxl make-ups: lhs and Indy boot. Alden NYC also has a navy suede lwbs. Alden sf and others are offering navy cxl plain toe bluchers. Leather soul has navy suede shortwing bluchers.y
post #62307 of 122416
Many thanks. Used it to order the suede indy and some Chippewa's boots for my son in Boston.
post #62308 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post


Alden NYC has two navy cxl make-ups: lhs and Indy boot. Alden NYC also has a navy suede lwbs. Alden sf and others are offering navy cxl plain toe bluchers. Leather soul has navy suede shortwing bluchers.y

Wow! The Navy CXL LHS are amazing!



Thanks for the heads up!
post #62309 of 122416
No post
post #62310 of 122416
I believe alden SF has navy PTB on sale for $400ish
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.