Got it. Thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4153post #62281 of 12241610/6/13 at 7:54ampost #62282 of 12241610/6/13 at 8:00am
Tassels for a Sunday morning at the office. I haven't gotten as much wear out of these as I would like. Trying to reinstate them into the rotation, but they seem to straddle the line between casual and dressy in an awkward sort of way. I think the natty cxl is casual, while the tassel is inherently dressy.post #62283 of 12241610/6/13 at 8:05amQuote:Originally Posted by MrGuy
Tassels for a Sunday morning at the office. I haven't gotten as much wear out of these as I would like. Trying to reinstate them into the rotation, but they seem to straddle the line between casual and dressy in an awkward sort of way. I think the natty cxl is casual, while the tassel is inherently dressy.
Now there is something you don't see everyday!. Thanks for sharing. I think you are wearing them in the appropriate context. That is the thing about tassel loafers. They can be somewhat dressy to somewhat casual, but neither extreme. The will move more towards the casual end of the spectrum as they acquire "character" with age. Love the safe in the background. (I can't blame you, I would keep those puppies locked up as well)post #62284 of 12241610/6/13 at 8:51ampost #62285 of 12241610/6/13 at 9:08amQuote:
For $650+ for a pair of shells @ retail, I can't accuse you of being unreasonable. I'd have an easier time calling myself unreasonable for having as many pairs of such shoes as I do.post #62286 of 12241610/6/13 at 9:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Shawnc
RTP - can you tell me if your shell Dalton's are the same color as mine (2nd boot fro left, top shelf). I purchased the calf version a few months ago and while in Chicago a month ago I stopped in the AE store and after talking to the salesperson, they indicated that they had the shell version in one of their warehouses. I didn't even know such a thing exists. I purchased them with the expectation that the color would mirror the calf version. As you can see in the shot, they do not. I'm hesitant to send them back because it does seem to be a unique color. I'm just curious if your walnut shells are the same color as mine.
It's difficult to tell because of lighting. Here are pics of mine...
Mine doesn't seem as rich in color as yours, but the lighting may have an impact. I also haven't brushed or cleaned them up yet. With the summer heat and humidity still here in the South, I haven't touched or worn mine yet.post #62287 of 12241610/6/13 at 9:27ampost #62288 of 12241610/6/13 at 11:13ampost #62289 of 12241610/6/13 at 11:47ampost #62290 of 12241610/6/13 at 11:56ampost #62291 of 12241610/6/13 at 12:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by violethour1951
This is not directly related to Alden, but I thought fellow members may be interested in these USA-made Repair Kit chests from H Gerstner & Sons. Their "12 Repair Kit" happens to be the perfect size for storing shoe care supplies, and they're having a 107th Birthday Sale right now. I think it's a great way to support another USA manufacturer, as well as organize all your Alden shoe care supplies:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Gerstner machinist tool chests are fantastic. I've owned a knock off machinist chest for 10+ years now that I use for storage in my office. It's not the handmade quality of a Gerstner but its made in the USA of oak. It's larger than the portable version you posted. I originally used it for my watch collection straps, tools, etc. They were originally designed for tool and die makers in machine shops.
A bit of trivia for you. The small mirror found on the lid of machinist tool chests was used in the event that a machinist (tool & die maker) got a piece of metal or other foreign matter in their eye. Guess they've been around longer than safety glasses.
Edited by patrick_b - 10/6/13 at 7:14pmpost #62292 of 12241610/6/13 at 12:45pmpost #62293 of 12241610/6/13 at 1:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
It's difficult to tell because of lighting. Here are pics of mine...
Mine doesn't seem as rich in color as yours, but the lighting may have an impact. I also haven't brushed or cleaned them up yet. With the summer heat and humidity still here in the South, I haven't touched or worn mine yet.
Definitely the same shoe. The 2nd shot seals it for me. I haven't worn mine either but I did apply some alden water protector and gave them a good brushing and buffing last night. Calling for a cold front with rain in Pgh tonight (after we spank St. Louis) and tomorrow. Might take em out for a spin. Thanks.post #62294 of 12241610/6/13 at 1:38pmpost #62295 of 12241610/6/13 at 1:44pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Look goes on... 11 seconds ago
- › Santoni Fatte a Mano black half brogues (7-7.5D) 33 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Paul Stuart (Stuart's Choice) burgundy penny loafers - U.S. 8E 10 minutes ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 12 minutes ago
- › What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want? 13 minutes ago
- › NIB Paul Stuart (Stuart's Choice) plain toe bal - calf and suede -... 15 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...