or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4149  

post #62221 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


well this is a no brainer: youve got a new shell boot and winter is around the corner. they havent been worn and you purchased them at a re-sale-able price. Post them on ebay and SF and wait for the right buyer.

size 11.5 jcrew boot in #8 shell. yeeeee

 

no go for ebay, cant stand the process and cut they take.

 

you got the size though :cheers:  I still wish I would have grabbed those NSTs off you lol 

post #62222 of 122416
shame. i was letting them go for $400 too...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
devil.gif
post #62223 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post


I would have done the mac break-in method but no more carpets inside the house haha so straight outside I went. Any real disadvantage by not carpet breaking?

honestly, and I say this from a newbie point of stance... I just lace up and hit the pavement. I tend to drag my right foot it seems, so there is a possibility that a more prolonged break-in on a softer surface might be beneficial. 

 

but for me, it would take forever to accumulate a multiple hour wear on carpeted surface (as I work in a non office environment), so I just give up most of the time and wear in whatever environment.

 

you could always add taps front and back, if its a big concern

post #62224 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

shame. i was letting them go for $400 too... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
devil.gif

 

trust me, I looked at them daily. might have even PM'd you about them.

 

ended up grabbing a pair from shoemart, but they came in with some very odd marbling effect. sent them back as I wasn't copacetic with them at that price not being 'perfect'

post #62225 of 122416
i think it worked out for the best satisfied.gif

afterall you just got a mess of ravello that I dream off owning

(cough)

ravello day

(cough)

tripper

i would love a pair in 11.5 or 12
post #62226 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

I would have done the mac break-in method but no more carpets inside the house haha so straight outside I went. Any real disadvantage by not carpet breaking?

The intent is actually more oriented around ensuring a good fit, while maintaining returnability. Not sure if it is as oriented towards the actual break in.

-Mike
post #62227 of 122416
got an email from yenni this morning, swung by on my lunch break. been waiting for this makeup for 8 months or so and they turned out better than i'd hoped.

6-eyelet suede chukka, brown suede, commando sole, plaza last


post #62228 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


The intent is actually more oriented around ensuring a good fit, while maintaining returnability. Not sure if it is as oriented towards the actual break in.

-Mike

 

imo, I cant imagine trying to return a pair of shell after that first step, as it will inevitably set crease. 

 

that's just me... my jcrew ravello LWB that came in .5 sz down from my suitable size, I just slipped on (without laces) and didnt even bother moving them as I knew they were too small.

 

maybe some retailers are more flexible (I'd imagine, if any, it'd be jcrew or shoemart) with creases, but the smaller outfits.. no se

post #62229 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

i think it worked out for the best satisfied.gif

afterall you just got a mess of ravello that I dream off owning

(cough)

ravello day

(cough)

tripper

i would love a pair in 11.5 or 12

 

yeah that was a complete grand slam. I guess I jumped the line (by just calling them and seeing that they had my size), but whatever, I took it for what it was worth.. my money's green

post #62230 of 122416
Anyone heard anything about color 8 6 eyelet chukka from JGilbert?
post #62231 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 yrs View Post

got an email from yenni this morning, swung by on my lunch break. been waiting for this makeup for 8 months or so and they turned out better than i'd hoped.

6-eyelet suede chukka, brown suede, commando sole, plaza last


 

These look great! I hestitated and ultimately passed on these but these pics make me think that was a bad decision

post #62232 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post

Color 8 Plaza Last cap toe - first trip outside:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
[\spoiler]

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

LS Plaza cap toe love
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



I need me some plaza!!!!!
post #62233 of 122416
LS plaza boot is so nice don't really want to pay $800 after tax though :/
post #62234 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

LS plaza boot is so nice don't really want to pay $800 after tax though :/

While $800 sucks, $850 will suck even more next year.
post #62235 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

LS plaza boot is so nice don't really want to pay $800 after tax though :/

what do you think of a u-cap brogue boot in shell?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.