Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4106post #61576 of 1224169/27/13 at 2:12pmpost #61577 of 1224169/27/13 at 2:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Morgan
Ravello boots from ShoeMart.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
If Epaulet's Ravello boot ever gets made, I'm hoping it looks more like this shade than the newer Ravello that popped up recently. That new color looked a little too close to Cigar, but without any of the olive tones.post #61578 of 1224169/27/13 at 2:16pmpost #61579 of 1224169/27/13 at 2:17pmQuote:
Thanks Namor. I would consider tifosi's idea, but won't do anything until I decide the keep or return issue.
I have always kind of skipped over the posts discussing these "blotches" because I never had to deal with it -- guess I'll be doing some research on the subject this evening.post #61580 of 1224169/27/13 at 2:22pmpost #61581 of 1224169/27/13 at 2:34pmQuote:
Whoa, those still aren't done? I've had these for about 2 years now, and I bought them after the Epaulet ravello Brixton pre-order closed.post #61582 of 1224169/27/13 at 3:01pmQuote:
Thanks wildstarQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
I wish I could rewind back to July 2012... I had LS (BH) on the phone and confirmation of my size in this drool-worthy grail. I couldn't pull the trigger because I didn't have my cc on me. When I called back later that day, it was gone!
God bless whoever has that 10D! Wonderful bluchers BlueCollar! Enjoy in great health...
I am by no means a high roller when it comes to LS, I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.
Probably the only time i'll 'score' a rare Alden.post #61583 of 1224169/27/13 at 3:02pmpost #61584 of 1224169/27/13 at 3:05pmpost #61585 of 1224169/27/13 at 3:20pmEmaQuote:Originally Posted by CEE88
Gentlemen, several of you have mentioned the eBay seller who has been been listing a sizable stock of brand new Aldens. I just received a pair from that seller: a Leather Soul Leydon last color 8 NST Saddle Blucher. Quite certain it's this one: http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2011/03/02/alden-shoes-nstsaddle-blucher-lsw/
They are definitely "real" Alden shell cordovan shoes, definitely new and, frankly, show no sign of ever having been tried on.
They didn't come with the green Alden box but the seller packs the shoes with great care (see photo below). The box contained packing material and the shoes were stuffed with paper and tucked inside Alden dust bags - and then sealed inside a thick plastic bag.
However ... look at the spot on the vamp in the last photo. My guess is that this shoe was a reject or second of some sort. Given the price I may keep them, but only if I can figure out a way to minimize or eliminate that spot (which is visible in certain light, not in others).
Email Alden. I bought a pair like this from Jcrew and they offered to re-dye for no cost (except cost for me to ship out). I havent sent them out yet but plan to.post #61587 of 1224169/27/13 at 3:23pmpost #61588 of 1224169/27/13 at 3:34pmQuote:Thanks for the tip Sir. I didn't know they could re-dye for this type of problem (and at this point I haven't found what causes these blotches).
I wonder if I could have them re-dye in cigar? Or color 4???
Did you go directly to Alden or did you work through J Crew to start the process?post #61589 of 1224169/27/13 at 3:46pm
The blotch is just uneven dye from horween or "finish" from Alden. Given the hue, I'd guess Alden. (Their finish is some sort of dye-like product that gives it the distinct eggplant color and sheen that distinguishes their #8 shell from AE or other Horween-sourced firms.)post #61590 of 1224169/27/13 at 4:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by CEE88
Thanks for the tip Sir. I didn't know they could re-dye for this type of problem (and at this point I haven't found what causes these blotches).
I wonder if I could have them re-dye in cigar? Or color 4???
Did you go directly to Alden or did you work through J Crew to start the process?
+1 on the re-dye from Alden. I had pitting issues with my PTB and Alden did a great job refinishing the shoe. The color became deeper and I'm sure they re-dyed it. I got my shoe from Sherman Brothers so they facilitated the process with Alden. Considering that you did not get it from a retailer, you'll have to try to contact Alden directly. Which I think may be your bigger issue because in my experience the Alden factory prefer to deal with their retailers. Good luck! I hope you can correct the issue.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 32 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Trunk Club "custom" suiting quality? 4 minutes ago
- › UK PM May Outlines Brexit Priorities; UK Won't Remain in Single... 4 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 13 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 14 minutes ago
- › What are you listening to? 15 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...