Without having seen it in person, I'm inclined to agree.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4055post #60811 of 1224169/19/13 at 5:33pmpost #60812 of 1224169/19/13 at 5:46pmQuote:
Thanks. I love 'em too. But I'd gladly trade them in for Halle Berry any day. Or night!Quote:Originally Posted by MrDV
Sazon, sazon, sazon....
I am happy for you because you seem like a nice guy, but you know how I feel about these boots.
I too remember finding out too late to get a pair of these. Could you put me out if my misery and take a side by side picture of your ravello sw boots and these? I remember you posted a few when your #4 were brand new. id like to see how the color has aged in comparison to your ravello.
Either way.... I hate you. I mean nice boots.
Thanks Mr. DV. I'm a nice guy in real life. Just ask my mother !
I don't have my Ravello SW boots anymore to compare these to, but I can tell you that I was looking back this morning of pix of these from their maiden voyage and they've lightened up faster and more noticeably than any shoe I've had. I'd say the #4 color has migrated to a #3!
Thanks for all the kind words today gents. For once in my life I got lucky. Sorry, twice.....just in case my wife is reading this board.post #60813 of 1224169/19/13 at 5:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bakes11771
I would think that a cigar (or even ravello) PTB and the 9015 (Color 8 Perf Toe Bal) would be better staples than the 9901 or 9016.
That is, if you are trying to build a well-rounded and useful shoe wardrobe, and not just buy as many shoes with the Alden logo on the heel pad as you possibly can.
In this regard, I am inclined to disagree. The 9016 is as appealing (to me) a black bal as I've seen. It's dressy but adds a little character with the perforations. Normally I prefer color 8 to black, but something about the 9016 screams at me. This will be the first Alden model that I will purchase in black shell before color 8.post #60814 of 1224169/19/13 at 5:58pmQuote:
Why break up a fine combination! Great looking boots my friend. Enjoy in great health...post #60815 of 1224169/19/13 at 6:00pmpost #60816 of 1224169/19/13 at 6:01pmpost #60817 of 1224169/19/13 at 6:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by luc13
i live in Germany and unfortunately i cant find a shop (one-line or bricks and Mortar) in Germany or Europe that would sell me the new Alden Leather Defender Spray for the Cordovan shoes.
did anyone know a place?
i tried to order in the USA but some shops dont ship it to Europe other take for 4 bottles round about 65 $ (what is normal) and for shipping another 100$ and more and this is ridicules.
All the Best.
Did you try asking Leather Soul? I bet they have the Defender and for sure they ship international.post #60818 of 1224169/19/13 at 6:11pmQuote:
Not sure that these have been "beaten up," but these are my most "lived-in" shell LWBs. I do try to care for them nicely though. Not sure if you would call that pampering.post #60819 of 1224169/19/13 at 6:15pmpost #60820 of 1224169/19/13 at 6:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
In this regard, I am inclined to disagree. The 9016 is as appealing (to me) a black bal as I've seen. It's dressy but adds a little character with the perforations. Normally I prefer color 8 to black, but something about the 9016 screams at me. This will be the first Alden model that I will purchase in black shell before color 8.
Oddly enough, I agree with your disagreement! As you know, I've got both the 9015 & 9016, I'm actually wearing the 9016 at the moment.
While I think the 9015 is the better choice for a one-Balmoral-only shoe wardrobe because it works well with both navy and charcoal, my favorite business attire combo is a solid charcoal suit with a shiny black balmoral.post #60821 of 1224169/19/13 at 6:19pmpost #60822 of 1224169/19/13 at 6:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by kwhitelaw
to go along with their brothers that came in on tuesday
KWLaw, you've hit the ravello jackpot! What a pair to acquire in one week!!post #60823 of 1224169/19/13 at 6:28pmQuote:
Thank you my friend! I should be able to post comparison pics by this weekend.post #60824 of 1224169/19/13 at 6:30pmpost #60825 of 1224169/19/13 at 6:31pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › CROCKETT AND JONES VINCENT TASSEL LOAFER IN POLO BROWN SUEDE UK 10 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Jeeves - Vass shoes and elegant menswear accessories - Official... 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...