Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 10:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4054post #60797 of 1224169/19/13 at 3:32pmpost #60798 of 1224169/19/13 at 3:33pmpost #60799 of 1224169/19/13 at 3:34pmpost #60800 of 1224169/19/13 at 3:34pmpost #60801 of 1224169/19/13 at 3:38pmpost #60802 of 1224169/19/13 at 3:39pmQuote:
click in the top right corner and you'll see all the pics posted in the thread in a grid format. surely there'll be some more well worn pairs in therepost #60803 of 1224169/19/13 at 3:39pmpost #60804 of 1224169/19/13 at 3:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by kwhitelaw
made it into the city to pick these up
Warning: Ravello!!!! (Click to show)
Excellent duo, kwhitelaw.
Does Alden Madison Ave carry very many styles in store that are not on the website? Thanks.post #60805 of 1224169/19/13 at 3:55pmpost #60806 of 1224169/19/13 at 3:56pmpost #60807 of 1224169/19/13 at 4:13pmQuote:
Yes, I've heard very good things about Shoe Healer and Richard. But their B&M store is up in Yorkshire, isn't it? Or do they have a store in London, also? Not sure I'm going to make it as far north as London on my way back, unless I can convince my sister/brother-in-law to take a trip up there. Thanks for the input.Quote:
The Galway does look quite amazing and other people have raved about this boot as well. I'll try to see them in person in London. Thanks!post #60808 of 1224169/19/13 at 4:41pmpost #60809 of 1224169/19/13 at 4:41pmRandom question/remark:
I found out that dark brown suede PTBs exist! I had only seen white, navy, snuff, and tan thus far, but apparently Harrison in AL has them, but I was able to track 'em down from the DC Alden store. Perfect for autumn and IMHO suitable for summer - basically year round shoes here in Texas!post #60810 of 1224169/19/13 at 5:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by BootSpell
This request for input is somewhat off-topic but I think the profile for many of the posters on this thread might be the best match for the feedback I'm looking for.
I am passing through London at the end of this month and want to go visit Jermyn Street. I don't own any boots from the English manufacturers but I'm interested in picking up a pair or two while I'm there so I'd like any suggestions from anybody who owns C&J, AS, Trickers, etc.
I'm interested specifically in boots, leaning more to the casual style. I've done a bit of research and C&J seems to have the most options that interest me. I hear Trickers are quite good but so far, I'm not crazy about how they look (all from pictures). For my first foray into English boots, I probably don't want to pay the price for EG, JL, etc.
So far, the one that's caught my eye was the C&J shell Harlech boot. Doesn't have to be shell, though. TIA.
If you like the Harlech, this thread may be of interest.
If you like the country boot style with blobby lasts that make the barrie seem sleek in comparison then Tricker's are for you. The AS country boots aren't bad but the country boot is Tricker's bread and butter. Tricker's also do sleeker boots like the Harlech but they're not usually standard production models. The Jermyn store might have some special make up though.
I'd personally concentrate on C&J but that's because my closet is already full of Tricker's.
Pricewise, don't forget to do whatever it is you have to do to be able to claim back VAT which is like 20%.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 27 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › I ordered a made to measure suit, but the shoulders don't fit.... 7 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 12 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 17 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 25 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 28 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 29 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...