Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4054
Styleforum Top Picks
click in the top right corner and you'll see all the pics posted in the thread in a grid format. surely there'll be some more well worn pairs in there
Yes, I've heard very good things about Shoe Healer and Richard. But their B&M store is up in Yorkshire, isn't it? Or do they have a store in London, also? Not sure I'm going to make it as far north as London on my way back, unless I can convince my sister/brother-in-law to take a trip up there. Thanks for the input.
The Galway does look quite amazing and other people have raved about this boot as well. I'll try to see them in person in London. Thanks!
I found out that dark brown suede PTBs exist! I had only seen white, navy, snuff, and tan thus far, but apparently Harrison in AL has them, but I was able to track 'em down from the DC Alden store. Perfect for autumn and IMHO suitable for summer - basically year round shoes here in Texas!
This request for input is somewhat off-topic but I think the profile for many of the posters on this thread might be the best match for the feedback I'm looking for.
I am passing through London at the end of this month and want to go visit Jermyn Street. I don't own any boots from the English manufacturers but I'm interested in picking up a pair or two while I'm there so I'd like any suggestions from anybody who owns C&J, AS, Trickers, etc.
I'm interested specifically in boots, leaning more to the casual style. I've done a bit of research and C&J seems to have the most options that interest me. I hear Trickers are quite good but so far, I'm not crazy about how they look (all from pictures). For my first foray into English boots, I probably don't want to pay the price for EG, JL, etc.
So far, the one that's caught my eye was the C&J shell Harlech boot. Doesn't have to be shell, though. TIA.
If you like the Harlech, this thread may be of interest.
If you like the country boot style with blobby lasts that make the barrie seem sleek in comparison then Tricker's are for you. The AS country boots aren't bad but the country boot is Tricker's bread and butter. Tricker's also do sleeker boots like the Harlech but they're not usually standard production models. The Jermyn store might have some special make up though.
I'd personally concentrate on C&J but that's because my closet is already full of Tricker's.
Pricewise, don't forget to do whatever it is you have to do to be able to claim back VAT which is like 20%.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Official RRL Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 11 seconds ago
- › Official 2015-2016 college football thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories