or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4043  

post #60631 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbe View Post

I'm guessing the cadet has the same shape as a PTB in a barrie?? Recently got shell 8 and I have to say I'm loving cordovan. But I heard the debate on black cordovan being meh...

This thinking made me pass up some great makeups over the years. Honestly I don't understand it. Black shell looks as great (particularly in the sun) as any shell color. And it's actually generally more wearable than rarer colors like whiskey.
post #60632 of 122416
Jortuno, the wrinkles are stretch marks. It's from using leather too close to the belly. Someone is trying to save money.
post #60633 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Black shell looks as great (particularly in the sun) as any shell color. And it's actually generally more wearable than rarer colors like whiskey.

+1 The black shell LWB seems to be underrated and IMHO looks very very nice.
post #60634 of 122416
Well another thing is I also have a pair of jcrew x alden tobacco coming in, so trying to be good with the impulse buying.
post #60635 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jortuno View Post

Just received a pair of Alden Natural Chromexcel Longwing Bluchers # 97873 from the Shoe Marts seconds list. The leather on the left shoe between the laces and wingtip is somewhat darker than that of the right, also the right shoe shows some wrinkling but I can live with this.  Other than these two factors these shoes are impeccable and actually very nice. Is there a way to slightly darken the right shoe to get it to match the other?  - Thanks







I get that seconds are cheaper, etc. but these would be unacceptable to me at any cost.
post #60636 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jortuno View Post
 

Just received a pair of Alden Natural Chromexcel Longwing Bluchers # 97873 from the Shoe Marts seconds list. The leather on the left shoe between the laces and wingtip is somewhat darker than that of the right, also the right shoe shows some wrinkling but I can live with this.  Other than these two factors these shoes are impeccable and actually very nice. Is there a way to slightly darken the right shoe to get it to match the other?  - Thanks

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Nice pick up.  With the natural CXL, best to let it age gracefully.  It will develop a nice patina and there will be a lot of variation anyway.

post #60637 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

#8 Leffot LWB today

Those look awesome with the light antique edging...

-Mike
post #60638 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

#8 Leffot LWB today
 

Very Nice! definitely makes for a nice twist on the traditional, thanks for the pic

post #60639 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Did you get the right size? These apparently fit a bit smaller than other Barrie lasted Aldens. So, many size up from their normal Barrie size. 

yea my usual barrie is a 8.5D
I got these Jcrew PCT in 9D since my first order of 8.5D were a tad snug.

it's only happening on the left boot. I might try a bit thicker socks next time as opposed to the thin pantherellas.
post #60640 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by i10casual View Post

Jortuno, the wrinkles are stretch marks. It's from using leather too close to the belly. Someone is trying to save money.

 Thanks i10casual, I have a pair of Chromexcel Wolverine 1000's that showed a few wrinkles similar to these by one of the ankles. Over time the color blended well and the wrinkles are not that that visible. 

post #60641 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


I thought that too...until I got a pair of boots in black cordovan. Waaaay underrated in my opinion.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by irbe View Post

I'm guessing the cadet has the same shape as a PTB in a barrie?? Recently got shell 8 and I have to say I'm loving cordovan. But I heard the debate on black cordovan being meh...

 

I usually can only envision wearing black for work, I think I am just more prone to shades of brown, and color 8 makes life easy for me in terms of pairing.  But 

  • ubiquiti's pics of his black Indy's from this weekend has me convinced I'll see a black shell boot in my future something about black and jeans just doesnt fit my profile, although it looks good on others.
post #60642 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Who carries wide (E) plaza last shell boots in stock?

did you check shoemart?
post #60643 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post


I get that seconds are cheaper, etc. but these would be unacceptable to me at any cost.

Yeah, I see what you mean Mr. Moo.  By the way, Thanks again for the info you sent me the other day.  I went to RL and placed an order for the Marlow wingtips.

post #60644 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post

so my jcrew perf cap toe boots are hurting my feet at one of the creases. it just bends in right at the top/side of my big toe.

anyway to try to to fix this? is moving the crease to go somewhere else possible? I know it sounds silly.

 

i have had this before with CXL.  I basically used a compeed blister plaster whilst the leather broke in.  I dont know about shell be CXL will do this, my feet were covered in compeed for weeks whilst i socklessly broke in my Quoddys.

post #60645 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by FENWAY View Post

I really like the Brooks Bros. version of the unlined Snuff PT. Prefer the eyelets, storm welt and contrast stitching compared to similar make ups I've seen.

 

what last is this and how does it it compare to Barrie?  I find that with BB Bucks i have to go 0.5 larger than most US sizes.

 

From looking at he BB site it looks lined.


Edited by dusttruffle - 9/18/13 at 12:39pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.