Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: Yesterday
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4040post #60586 of 1224169/17/13 at 10:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #60587 of 1224169/17/13 at 10:20pmQuote:
my office is unorthodox, in that I can just stay home for the most part if weather is bad. should I need to dredge out, I'll grab some indys
Edited by kwhitelaw - 9/17/13 at 10:37pmpost #60588 of 1224169/17/13 at 10:48pmQuote:
I wish -- my Leydons could use some stretching. But no, I use the same size shoe tree that I usually employ.post #60589 of 1224169/18/13 at 1:45am
i guess i was looking at the sale section (http://www.bespoke-england.co.uk/collections/brand-gaziano-girling). but my point still standspost #60590 of 1224169/18/13 at 4:28ampost #60591 of 1224169/18/13 at 4:33ampost #60592 of 1224169/18/13 at 4:55amQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
My friend, if you don't mind the hassle of selling off those tankers when the time comes, I would do it to secure those plaza lasted indies. I'm pretty sure that that particular plaza lasted boot in any color shell is my favorite of the Alden boots. All the best...
I think I agree with you on that --- they are incredible. However, until I saw them, I was really set on the tankers. And I need to keep some powder dry right now. I will try to hold off for now.Appreciate all the input.post #60593 of 1224169/18/13 at 5:22amQuote:
Commando!Quote:Originally Posted by Stewbone
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Shoe Mart seconds arrived today. I've been looking for a plain toe plaza boot for a while and finally gave up on finding it in cigar.
This is sweet! Nice score!Quote:Originally Posted by BeSpiffington
Leffot #8 Naval Boots Marcoliani argyles otc[ Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looking superb! Congrats!
Thank you Mr. DV!post #60594 of 1224169/18/13 at 6:12ampost #60595 of 1224169/18/13 at 7:30ampost #60596 of 1224169/18/13 at 7:48amQuote:
The Leffot black cordovan version has a flat welt. However I believe the sole is still double leather. Pre-orders sold out.post #60597 of 1224169/18/13 at 8:00amQuote:
I haven't seen the snuff in person, but it just looks inappropriately orange for a Tassel Moc in the pic on their website.
But I think they are overpriced considering you can get Shell Tassels for $84 more, and I got my MKS Tassels from BB for $350.
Edited by Bakes11771 - 9/18/13 at 8:12ampost #60598 of 1224169/18/13 at 8:20amQuote:
Leffot's tan and snuff suede longwing bluchers are on single flex sole. There are pictures on that website.post #60599 of 1224169/18/13 at 8:24amQuote:
I would go with snuff because it is more versatile - goes with jeans, chinos, and wools in charcoal, grey, tan, olive, some blues, etc. -- but it depends upon the intended use. The mocha brown looks great with charcoals and, of course, browns.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 second ago
- › Cigars 2 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...