Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4016post #60226 of 1224169/15/13 at 1:13pmpost #60227 of 1224169/15/13 at 1:14pmpost #60228 of 1224169/15/13 at 1:16pmpost #60229 of 1224169/15/13 at 1:36pmpost #60230 of 1224169/15/13 at 1:51pmQuote:
Thankk. That notion does indeed deserve some serious consideration.
So kind of you to say so.Quote:Originally Posted by vestbash
My grandfather's 975s, nearly deplorable condition, no cracking in shell but the liner is cracked. They are going to Alden restoration but I will be highly surprised if Alden decides to take this project on. It would be nice to see them restored if only for sentimentality, even if they are past their useful life.
Here is an idea, if they decline the project. Make them in to a lamp. Get a piece of wood, stain it. Nail or screw the shoes to it. Get a lamp rod and put it between the shoes (or through the heel of just one shoe if you want a smaller lamp) and get lamp hardware from any hardware store. Then get a shade for it.
It would preserve the sentimental value, display the character, and be a cool piece of decor for a shoe fanatic.post #60231 of 1224169/15/13 at 2:07pmpost #60232 of 1224169/15/13 at 2:09pmpost #60233 of 1224169/15/13 at 2:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by CEE88
I've hardly had time to watch football with all the great photos being posted today. Congrats all around!
I'm intrigued by the idea of an Indy style boot on the Barrie last (nice pick up, ubiquiti). Here's a comparison of my color 8 Indy (Trubalance) and black shell Naval boot (Barrie).
I am hopeful that these image confirms why i have to go up a width from truebalance to barrie due to tightness in the toes.post #60234 of 1224169/15/13 at 2:25pmpost #60235 of 1224169/15/13 at 2:33pmQuote:
I am having the same debate right now. I like how these are simple, but have a little flare...
-Mikepost #60236 of 1224169/15/13 at 2:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
not alden but perhaps one of you may be interested
not mine but incredible deal for a whiskey plain toe boot
I thought the same thing. Unfortunately a smidge too small. I wear 9.5D barrie and I'm guessing this boot would be a little too snug.
To be honest, I actually like your duckie brown (cognac??) shell boots even more. If they were 10D I'd be all over them. Any reason you're letting those go?post #60237 of 1224169/15/13 at 2:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by NYDRH
Is it correct that a 1/2 size down and a width up has the same heel measurement (i.e. 8.5d vs 8e) in the same last? or is it just similar? From my "research" the consensus is that overall volume is larger in the 1/2 size down up a width (8e example) but Im wondering specifically about the heel measurement.
I can only speak from experience between Barrie LWB 8.5D and 8E PTB shoes, but the
8.5D LWB is ...... longer, with the forefoot position more forward, and is snugger in heel compared to the 8E PTB
(you don't notice the roomier heel of the 8E Barrie in 6 eyelet Boots (a perfect fit for me) - I have not tried 8.5D Barrie Boots to compare with the 8E Boots.post #60238 of 1224169/15/13 at 3:11pmpost #60239 of 1224169/15/13 at 3:16pmpost #60240 of 1224169/15/13 at 3:17pmQuote:
At some point I will probably acquire the 9070 and 9071 Straight tips as well, assuming I will again wear a suit daily. I have a pair of J&M Black Straight Tip Bals that I got when I was a teenager and have only worn a few times, so I guess I wanted to add some variety. Also, I was just really feeling the Perf when I bought the 9015 and 9016. I think it was the Thor Boot that first attracted me to perf tips. I don't really like a lot of brogueing, I have very plain/simple taste, and as Mike says below, these are simple but with a little flare. After growing so fond of the Hampton shape for balmorals, it is difficult not to find the Straight Tip cousins attractive as well. Plus, I have the Cigar Straight 9073 Tip from Citishoes, so that has only brought me closer to the 9070/9071. (Keep it on the down-low, but TasselsHK in the past did a cigar perf tip that I am going to try to snipe if they ever restock.) That way I'll have Black, Color 8, Cigar Straight Tip, and Black, Color 8, Cigar Perf Tips. Gotta catch 'em all!
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Taylor Stitch Jack Oxford in Brushed Army Green, size 42 52 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 55 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Swims Galoshes size L (fits US 8-9) Brand New in Black 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Brogue Captoes in Brown (worn once) UK7.5 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 8 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 10 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...