or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4009  

post #60121 of 122416

wanted to throw a heads up, J.Crew recieved another special edition for instore only. 

 

 

 

 

 Photos are below.

 

If anyone is interested, contact

 

nick.lewis@jcrew.com

 

 navy oxford chromexcel leather

brass eyelets

barrie last

waterlock sole

 

 

 

post #60122 of 122416
From the Leffot blog.

Shell sure is a stunning material.

post #60123 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post
 

I'm going to agree with Papa Doble on this one.  Inefficient allocation of shoe capital IMO.  I strongly prefer the PTB to the Chukka anyway.

+1

post #60124 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post
 

One thing I don't have is a PTB.  I think that, following my recent spree, the last two shoes on my list are a black shell monk and a color 8 PTB.

Consider the Alden for BB PTB.  I have both the 990 and 9901.  While I really like both, I wish I had done the color 8 in the BB version. (Sleeker last)

post #60125 of 122416

pardon, double post


Edited by ReppTiePrepster - 9/14/13 at 6:38am
post #60126 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Yeah, I have been massively failing also. I am beginning to struggle to find places to store my shoes. I have a ankle dweller of a dog who I don't want to have the ability to reach my shoes. I only have soo much upper shelf cabinet space at my house!

Start constructing those built-ins.  They're worth it!

 

Speaking of which, I remodeled my home a year ago and converted a walk-in hallway closet into a shoe closet.  There is no vent in there.  Consequently it gets pretty hot and stuff in there.  Does anyone know if that will that pose any problems for shell (or calf) in the long run??

 

Thanks in advance...

post #60127 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Start constructing those built-ins.  They're worth it!

Speaking of which, I remodeled my home a year ago and converted a walk-in hallway closet into a shoe closet.  There is no vent in there.  Consequently it gets pretty hot and stuff in there.  Does anyone know if that will that pose any problems for shell (or calf) in the long run??

Thanks in advance...
I hope It was my mentor in all things Alden mcarthur who said that properly cared for shoes can be stored in a wide range of temperature variations without undo concern. "They're shoes, not Rembrandt's".
Edited by BeSpiffington - 9/14/13 at 6:11am
post #60128 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

I believe it was mcarthur who said that properly cared for shoes can be

I'm waiting with anticipation!  :butbut:

post #60129 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndlewis View Post
 

wanted to throw a heads up, J.Crew recieved another special edition for instore only. 

 

 

 

 

 Photos are below.

 

If anyone is interested, contact

 

nick.lewis@jcrew.com

 

 navy oxford chromexcel leather

brass eyelets

barrie last

waterlock sole

 

 

 

That's it! That's it! I'm going to get a job at j.crew after my normal job in Tampa. I love those CXL PTBs in Navy and those are going to be my next shoe. Now if only I could get them at a discount :-\

post #60130 of 122416
Indy in Indy airport. Staying a few blocks from Alden SF...must resist after recent purchases.

post #60131 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

I'm waiting with anticipation!  butbut.gif
Patience good sir. Let me not misquote our dear Uncle because we enjoy his posts for they are like a cool breeze on a hot day.
post #60132 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypomnema View Post

Been trying to catch up on the thread - I'm gathering that both SF and Madison got the PTB's in. Can anyone clarify the edge trim color? Dark or light?

I have ravello LWB and an unlined color 8 PTB. Assuming my size exists, I might have to jump.

I haven't yet received mine from Alden NY, but I believe theirs and Alden SF's have dark edge trim.
post #60133 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

Indy in Indy airport. Staying a few blocks from Alden SF...must resist after recent purchases.

Well, be a good boy...go there...RESIST a purchase and pick up some shoe bags, Alden defender, or polishing cloths. The fellas there are super nice there!

post #60134 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndlewis View Post
 

 navy oxford chromexcel leather

brass eyelets

barrie last

waterlock sole

 

 

Was curious what y'all thought.  I like these navy chrmxl PTBs, but I also like the LS shortwing navy suede bluchers.  Given the choice, which would you choose??

post #60135 of 122416
SWB, love the edge trim and overall look.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.