or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3993  

post #59881 of 122416
I'm comtemplating the suede tassel loafers on the Aberdeen last on the ShoeMart seconds list. Tan and Brown seem to be available in my size... any thoughts on which to choose for business casual and versitle casual wear if I had to choose one? I would prefer snuff, though I always prefer what is not available!

Alternatively, I could spring for the snuff penny with flex welt on the van... decisions, decisions.
post #59882 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

unlined v. lined (sizing)

All of my unlined models (shell LHS, shell PTB, suede PTB) fit more snug than their lined counterparts. Not enough to justify a size difference, but definitely more snug.

+1
post #59883 of 122416
Just received from JGilbert--Black Shell Medallion Toe Oxford--Plaza Last:
Alden does a great job for JGilbert (despite the stray thread by the laces on the right shoe). They look even better in person and the fit seems to be right on for my first pair on Plaza last.






Like all new shells, I hate to put the first crease in these, but they are shoes after all.
post #59884 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.michael View Post

Just received from JGilbert--Black Shell Medallion Toe Oxford--Plaza Last:
Alden does a great job for JGilbert (despite the stray thread by the laces on the right shoe). They look even better in person and the fit seems to be right on for my first pair on Plaza last.






Like all new shells, I hate to put the first crease in these, but they are shoes after all.
They look great! I have been thinking about them in #8. Did you go true to size?
post #59885 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 

I got an 8.5D list. I'm looking for a 9D list. Thanks!

Got 9D and 9C, PM your email address if you still need it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd V View Post

I'm comtemplating the suede tassel loafers on the Aberdeen last on the ShoeMart seconds list. Tan and Brown seem to be available in my size... any thoughts on which to choose for business casual and versitle casual wear if I had to choose one? I would prefer snuff, though I always prefer what is not available!

Alternatively, I could spring for the snuff penny with flex welt on the van... decisions, decisions.

Get both.  I have the mocha kid, and want the tan suede, but won't allow myself to pay $535+tax on suede from Leffot when shell Tassels are $619 No tax, shipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post
 

#8 cap toe boot

I really like how the color 8 goes with that (what appears do to be) O.D. Green.

post #59886 of 122416

Plaza is such a sexy last, there really needs to be more boots done on it. 

post #59887 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

If anyone wants to pm me the 8 and 8.5 list that would be great...

I would appreciate that too.
post #59888 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

They look great! I have been thinking about them in #8. Did you go true to size?

Yes--TTS--I ordered my normal Aberdeen lace-up size. I have a pair of Aberdeen's in the same size and there is a little more toebox room in the Plaza (which is good), but what I found the most interesting is the Plaza heel feels smaller, which is good for me because the Aberdeen heel is too wide IMO.
I may get the color 8's as well.
post #59889 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Nice boots, MrDV. I think the weather will be suitable to break mine out tomorrow.
PM'd
Thank you,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

I really like how the color 8 goes with that (what appears do to be) O.D. Green.
Thanks bakes. That's the look I was hoping for. Olive rivet chinos from Epaulet
post #59890 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermynStreet View Post

And I stand by my determination. My dark brown shell captoe bals are one of my favorite pairs of Alden's. For some reason, the shape of this model with its long, smooth surfaces really allows the the olive and brown hues to pop. If you are perplexed by what they go with, try pairing them with a blue-midnight blue, a charcoal, or a light blue poplin pair of slacks, and I assure you that you will not be disappointed. Great purchase, and enjoy them after they are broken in.

 



Citi has a 10E Cigar Hampton cap toe bal in perfect condition. He was nice enough to call me back after ordering to say both 10D pairs had been tried on with obvious creasing, so maybe I'll wait.
post #59891 of 122416
Anyone have a half bottle of suede spray that they used on a few pairs but still have some left? I'll pay shipping & fair compensation.
post #59892 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewbone View Post

Anyone have a half bottle of suede spray that they used on a few pairs but still have some left? I'll pay shipping & fair compensation.

 

Yes, but you can order some directly from Allen Edmonds pretty cheap, with free shipping.

post #59893 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Yes, but you can order some directly from Allen Edmonds pretty cheap, with free shipping.

This, AE spray is quite good and cheap. at $7 you are essentially getting it for free (it costs them $5-6 to ship it to you free)
post #59894 of 122416
Piss poor weather here in west Texas. I should have worn my Indy. What's your favorite shoe for inclement weather?

Mine, LW chamois w/commando soul. Hardworking champ.
post #59895 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by i10casual View Post

Piss poor weather here in west Texas. I should have worn my Indy. What's your favorite shoe for inclement weather?

Mine, LW chamois w/commando soul. Hardworking champ.


CXL Indy


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.