I appreciate you sharing your experience.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 2:43 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3990post #59836 of 1224169/11/13 at 4:14pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59837 of 1224169/11/13 at 4:19pmpost #59838 of 1224169/11/13 at 4:22pmpost #59839 of 1224169/11/13 at 4:27pmQuote:
35 iirc. I'm still hopefull that it will get confirmed, however, I don't expect it anytime soon.
I just hope they don't mess up the details and give it speed hooks or something. (I hate those things!)post #59840 of 1224169/11/13 at 4:31pmDoes anyone play fantasy bball? You guys want to get a bball yahoo bball league going? We can do $50 buy-in with 12 people. 1st place would get $400 or so, etc. thats enough for a pair of alden shell from the shoe mart seconds list.post #59841 of 1224169/11/13 at 4:48pmpost #59842 of 1224169/11/13 at 4:54pmQuote:
My next grails, Bakes, would have to be (in order of preference) a ravello brixton, ravello lhs, a cigar shell boot of any kind, and maybe a secondhand #4 lwb (I'm told by either Alden SF or DC iirc that Alden will no longer be making #4). It's scary how this list just flowed out naturally; I've been scarce on this thread lately, trying to quell the purchases as of late as dear wife and I just moved into our new house this summer and she decided it would be a great idea to install a koi pond. The koi are great to watch, but I still calculate how many shells that could have purchased :)
Current lineup, off the top of my head includes the following (I'll try to follow up with pics someday, especially after missing out on the family pic fest during Memorial Day weekend):
-Cigar from AoC
-Color 8 from Citi
-Ravello as of today
-Snuff suede from JC
-Tobacco waxed fake CXL from JC
- Natty CXL on Leydon from Epaulet
- Ultimate Indy from LS
- Alpine Grain WTB on Barrie from LS
- Color 8 Cap Toe on Grant (DC)
- Color 8 WTB on Plaza (LS)
- Black shell Naval from Leffot
Cigar PTB (Alden of DC, purchased just before the summer. NB - I was told they still had several in stock. Hurry!)
Cigar LHS (my first shell purchase after encouragement from you, Bakes!)
Black shell cadet perf cap toe blucher from JCrew
Unlined snuff suede penny from NeedSupply (always good for the SF discount. don't forget to ask them for it!!)
Unlined snuff suede chukka from Citi
Thanks for not making me enumerate the AE collection and reliving the fact that I foolishly purchased not one, but two pairs of the AE larchmonts in succession last summer just before Aldenitis struck. The money spent on those two mistakes could have covered most, if not all of the cost of a ravello boot. You live, you learn...post #59843 of 1224169/11/13 at 5:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bakes11771
Full and fair disclosure: I own the Cigar Strait Tip Balmoral from Citi. I haven't worn it yet, but not for lack of wanting to. I haven't had a chance to implement the Mac Break-in Method on them. I think a big question you should ask yourself when considering this shoe is: How often do I wear a suit?
A bit darker than most cigar, but perhaps appropriately so given the formal nature of this shoe, as JermynStreet has pointed out in the past.
Wow, those pics sell them better than any stock photo. I'm still in the occasional suit, but I'd still wear them just with dress pants/shirts to get use out of them (no one is calling the fashion police around here). I have other choices for the chinos/jeans days.post #59844 of 1224169/11/13 at 5:17pmpost #59845 of 1224169/11/13 at 5:57pmpost #59846 of 1224169/11/13 at 6:00pmpost #59847 of 1224169/11/13 at 6:06pmpost #59848 of 1224169/11/13 at 6:17pmQuote:
and with the second pic Lamar Odom?Quote:
Great to see you posting CHRK. I love auctions. 200 fantasy dollars a team?
anyone else down?
CHRK33, MrDV (if we can get worthy to un-retire after 20 years), Me, ill create a thread and put it in my sigpost #59849 of 1224169/11/13 at 6:21pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › What are you drinking right now? 8 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 53 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 5 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn PO Taped Khaki Coat Size 50 (40 US) 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Thrift Thread Maker Label Guide 9 minutes ago
- › Why are cotton/poly blend shirts undesirable? 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?