I expect Plaza will win but I am a fan of the Grant last myself
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 2:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3975post #59611 of 1224169/9/13 at 6:05pmpost #59612 of 1224169/9/13 at 6:07pmQuote:
I prefer shell boots on commando. I have three color 8 boots from JGilbert. All are splendid.
But of course nothing wrong with leather either.post #59613 of 1224169/9/13 at 6:14pmQuote:
I had Grant cigar captoe boots and really liked the last but unfortunately, wanted a bit sleeker Plaza. Comfort wise I like a bit snugger fit of Plaza which is very comfortable as well.
So Plaza is the winner for me.post #59614 of 1224169/9/13 at 6:16pmQuote:
The grant is a nice last, and I have owned it.
For me, the plaza is easily my favorite last for boots. No other last even comes close. However, plaza is not my favorite last for shoes (I like it though).post #59615 of 1224169/9/13 at 6:24pm
Stunners! Makes a strong case for ravello.Quote:
Wow! Leffot's pics were stunning but these are amazing. I'm sure you'll enjoy them for many years.
I keep considering doing a DIY antique edge trim on my color 8 PCT boots.post #59616 of 1224169/9/13 at 6:34pmpost #59617 of 1224169/9/13 at 6:54pmpost #59618 of 1224169/9/13 at 6:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Steel28
Quote:Originally Posted by budapest12
For all those salivating over the Ravello LWBs, just be advised that I was told they were getting only 2 pairs in each size. There is a list with numerous alternate takers in case one of the first two backs out. In other words, chances are slim. Full disclosure -- I am on that list, but my prospects are not so great (no call for me today). Just thought I'd share that. I expect their phones will ring off the hook all day tomorrow.
Also get the sense they are not going to hand these out to people who have never been in there before -- but I could be wrong on that.
That makes two of us. I'm on the list as well and no phone call for me. Although I'm still recovering from LS captoe purchase.
A couple of years ago I was on that same ravello LWB list at Alden DC and I had not heard from them either. Word had spread on this thread of the arrival of the ravello LWB prompting me to call Kathy the next day. Four days later my King of the Gunboats showed up on my doorstep. Carpe diem my friends! Take the initiative and reach out to Kathy. All the best!!post #59619 of 1224169/9/13 at 7:06pmpost #59620 of 1224169/9/13 at 7:14pmQuote:
See, the one nice thing about the availability is it helps us in pacing out purchases. I fear the day that Whiskey, Cigar, and Ravello are readily available.post #59621 of 1224169/9/13 at 7:15pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks good. Never seen navy CXL in person but it looks pretty nice.
-Mikepost #59622 of 1224169/9/13 at 7:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
See, the one nice thing about the availability is it helps us in pacing out purchases. I fear the day that Whiskey, Cigar, and Ravello are readily available.post #59623 of 1224169/9/13 at 8:03pmpost #59624 of 1224169/9/13 at 8:06pmpost #59625 of 1224169/9/13 at 8:12pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 41 seconds ago
- › Isaia Wool Ties 8 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 16 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 19 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 33 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang MTM Navy Suit (VBC Wool) - Fits Slim 36 36 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 38 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...