Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3967
Styleforum Top Picks
Were they the same ones here?
I'm looking into these, and i'm hoping these are a more of a brown vs the orange everybody has been saying they are.
This is the same stock photo they have used for years. I would bet that if you order this shoe online from J Crew you will receive the the (more-) brown version. Worst thing that could happen is you return it without any cost on your part. The other thing you could do is call the J Crew men's shop at Columbus Circle in NYC where I saw them (212-823-9302) and ask them to ship you your size. The newer version is definitely worth it; GREAT make-up!
1 Calf Tassle Moc in Black
1 Shell PTB in Black
1 Shell PTB in #8
1 Shell LHS in Ravello (arriving tomorrow)
I'm done for awhile I think. There is that pair of Whiskey LWB on eBay that looks like it'll go for $700+ and that's out of my price range to say the least!
Does using a deer bone really help to get rid of scratches? More than a spoon? I am skeptical of the oils in the bone helping angle, because aren't the bones quite dry to the touch? How much deer oil could get transferred?
I ask because I do have a few pairs which have scratches, and I have got some time on my hands to do something about them.
What do you all recommend?
My stash is 30 shell pairs, one calf.
I've never used anything but bone on my shell and it works wonders for removing scratches (so I can't compare to a spoon). As for the oils - there is definitely something in the bone. If you rub it over the shell you definitely see some residue left behind, and I don't believe that it's the bone lifting oil from the shell. If you rub your hands over them they will also feel slightly oily afterwards.
Check out Namor (I think it was) doing the 'mac method' on his boots with some deer bone throne in for good measure - you can see the residue it leaves
I just saw the new 17's the other day. I was really impressed with them. They were heavy weight but didn't feel like cardboard. I have a pair of the SL-100's and have been very pleased with them.
The pic looks like the SL-100 but I am not 100%
I don't really see myself getting much more shell, unless the rare shell shortage comes to an end. I have a #8 wingtip boot, vintage Florsheim Imperial burgundy shell LWB, and the J Crew PCT on order. I don't want to have a closet of 40+ shoes because I know most of them won't get worn, so I'm trying to cover all my bases without going overboard on any one specific color.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and... 5 minutes ago
- › MISTER FREEDOM VESTE OUVRIER METISSE JACKET 97 MEDIUM *GRAIL ITEM* 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › VINTAGE STONE ISLAND NOC-1 JACKET * GRAIL ITEM * L / XL 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories