After I saw it on eBay I looked thru about 20 pages of the marketplace and couldn't find it. I had to google "Cigar PTB" before I found it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 11:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3932post #58966 of 1224168/30/13 at 6:53pmpost #58967 of 1224168/30/13 at 7:13pmQuote:
I'm still waiting on my tan suede LWB pre-order from LS, hopefully I'll have that in 6 months. I would get the navy suede LWB from Leffot if they would let me pre-order a narrow width. And I wish I would have gotten the snuff suede LWB on the Leydon when it was available. Unfortunately I don't think they will be running that style again. Where did you get your snuff suede LWB?post #58968 of 1224168/30/13 at 7:16pmpost #58969 of 1224168/30/13 at 8:03pmpost #58970 of 1224168/30/13 at 8:10pmpost #58971 of 1224168/30/13 at 8:21pmpost #58972 of 1224168/30/13 at 8:33pmpost #58973 of 1224168/30/13 at 10:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by alexandchau
I am the seller of the cigar PTB. I've been a long time follower of this thread and a huge Alden fan. I, like many others on this forum, have been bitten by the shell bug. So a few months back, I went on a buying spree bought a lot of shell within a short period of time. Now, with way too many shoes/boots and a little bit of buyer's remorse, I decided to unload a few pairs. It was between a ravello LWB and a cigar PTB and I decided to keep the ravello. I had an ad on styleforum, but didn't have any luck so I decided to post it on eBay. It hurts me to read that I'm only out to make a profit on this sale. Stevent is right, at $750 I'm still looking at around an $80 loss after the eBay and PayPal fees. I would be happy/lucky just to recoup my cost. I did mention the styleforum ad hoping to sell it to one of gents here. Anyway, could we get back to talking about Aldens? Please? Stevent, thanks for having my back, buddy. You da man!
The market will establish the price. More power to ya. Good luck.
$750, given the regular price of cigar and its lack of availability, is a very decent price.post #58974 of 1224168/30/13 at 10:50pmpost #58975 of 1224168/30/13 at 11:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I'm still waiting on my tan suede LWB pre-order from LS, hopefully I'll have that in 6 months. I would get the navy suede LWB from Leffot if they would let me pre-order a narrow width. And I wish I would have gotten the snuff suede LWB on the Leydon when it was available. Unfortunately I don't think they will be running that style again. Where did you get your snuff suede LWB?
The LWB is from J Crew. I am considering the snuff suede plain toe boot also from J Crew, but I'm not sure I'm 100% on board with the crepe sole. Best of luck with those tan suede LWB. Sorry you're having to wait so long!post #58976 of 1224168/30/13 at 11:25pmQuote:
I know this is blasphemous here, but I am considering the AE shell chukka. It has three eyelets. The Alden shell finish is superior though.post #58977 of 1224168/31/13 at 1:28ampost #58978 of 1224168/31/13 at 2:49amQuote:
I loved my J Crew suede LWB, but the stitching came undone on one of them. They let me return the shoes for a full refund nearly a year after I purchased them. That's some pretty top rate customer service, if you ask me. Unfortunately they didn't have my size in the same shoe so I ended up getting the Cadet Shell Blucher instead. I'm definitely going to buy more shoes from them.
I have my eyes on that same boot, too . I have a pair of desert boots and I love the crepe sole.
That suede LWB might become my white whale...post #58979 of 1224168/31/13 at 3:54amWelcome.
Your combo looks great - real gumption to combine bold plaid with argyles and you do it well.
And finally argyles that bear some color relation to the pants they are with. It looks fantastic, as do your aldens. Thanks for posting.post #58980 of 1224168/31/13 at 4:15amQuote:
RTP, I own both and confirm the third eyelet makes a huge difference in the fit and comfort. I am considering having a cobbler add a third eyelet to my Alden Chukkas
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Viberg Boots 36 seconds ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 1 minute ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Best selvedge jeans 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › "Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis" --... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...