After I saw it on eBay I looked thru about 20 pages of the marketplace and couldn't find it. I had to google "Cigar PTB" before I found it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: Yesterday
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3932post #58966 of 1224168/30/13 at 6:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58967 of 1224168/30/13 at 7:13pmQuote:
I'm still waiting on my tan suede LWB pre-order from LS, hopefully I'll have that in 6 months. I would get the navy suede LWB from Leffot if they would let me pre-order a narrow width. And I wish I would have gotten the snuff suede LWB on the Leydon when it was available. Unfortunately I don't think they will be running that style again. Where did you get your snuff suede LWB?post #58968 of 1224168/30/13 at 7:16pmpost #58969 of 1224168/30/13 at 8:03pmpost #58970 of 1224168/30/13 at 8:10pmpost #58971 of 1224168/30/13 at 8:21pmpost #58972 of 1224168/30/13 at 8:33pmpost #58973 of 1224168/30/13 at 10:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by alexandchau
I am the seller of the cigar PTB. I've been a long time follower of this thread and a huge Alden fan. I, like many others on this forum, have been bitten by the shell bug. So a few months back, I went on a buying spree bought a lot of shell within a short period of time. Now, with way too many shoes/boots and a little bit of buyer's remorse, I decided to unload a few pairs. It was between a ravello LWB and a cigar PTB and I decided to keep the ravello. I had an ad on styleforum, but didn't have any luck so I decided to post it on eBay. It hurts me to read that I'm only out to make a profit on this sale. Stevent is right, at $750 I'm still looking at around an $80 loss after the eBay and PayPal fees. I would be happy/lucky just to recoup my cost. I did mention the styleforum ad hoping to sell it to one of gents here. Anyway, could we get back to talking about Aldens? Please? Stevent, thanks for having my back, buddy. You da man!
The market will establish the price. More power to ya. Good luck.
$750, given the regular price of cigar and its lack of availability, is a very decent price.post #58974 of 1224168/30/13 at 10:50pmpost #58975 of 1224168/30/13 at 11:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I'm still waiting on my tan suede LWB pre-order from LS, hopefully I'll have that in 6 months. I would get the navy suede LWB from Leffot if they would let me pre-order a narrow width. And I wish I would have gotten the snuff suede LWB on the Leydon when it was available. Unfortunately I don't think they will be running that style again. Where did you get your snuff suede LWB?
The LWB is from J Crew. I am considering the snuff suede plain toe boot also from J Crew, but I'm not sure I'm 100% on board with the crepe sole. Best of luck with those tan suede LWB. Sorry you're having to wait so long!post #58976 of 1224168/30/13 at 11:25pmQuote:
I know this is blasphemous here, but I am considering the AE shell chukka. It has three eyelets. The Alden shell finish is superior though.post #58977 of 1224168/31/13 at 1:28ampost #58978 of 1224168/31/13 at 2:49amQuote:
I loved my J Crew suede LWB, but the stitching came undone on one of them. They let me return the shoes for a full refund nearly a year after I purchased them. That's some pretty top rate customer service, if you ask me. Unfortunately they didn't have my size in the same shoe so I ended up getting the Cadet Shell Blucher instead. I'm definitely going to buy more shoes from them.
I have my eyes on that same boot, too . I have a pair of desert boots and I love the crepe sole.
That suede LWB might become my white whale...post #58979 of 1224168/31/13 at 3:54amWelcome.
Your combo looks great - real gumption to combine bold plaid with argyles and you do it well.
And finally argyles that bear some color relation to the pants they are with. It looks fantastic, as do your aldens. Thanks for posting.post #58980 of 1224168/31/13 at 4:15amQuote:
RTP, I own both and confirm the third eyelet makes a huge difference in the fit and comfort. I am considering having a cobbler add a third eyelet to my Alden Chukkas
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 50 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 14 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 16 minutes ago
- › Help! Tom Ford Tuxedo lapel asymmetrical! Can it be fixed? 18 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 19 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 19 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...