Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:01 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3925post #58861 of 1224168/29/13 at 10:06pmJust got home from a fun teppanyaki dinner with my wife and daughter. These are finally breaking in after two or three years. The shell is relaxing and fits like a soft glove now. The soles move with my feet instead of feeling like cork planks. This is just a relaxed iphone shot with my color 8's and well worn Hilfiger chinos.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58862 of 1224168/29/13 at 10:21pmQuote:Thank you be.post #58863 of 1224168/29/13 at 10:33pmpost #58864 of 1224168/29/13 at 10:40pmpost #58865 of 1224168/29/13 at 10:49pmpost #58866 of 1224168/29/13 at 10:52pmpost #58867 of 1224168/29/13 at 10:57pmAnyone have experience with Leather Soul's Plaza last monk strap shoe?
I believe they've done versions of the shoe for quite some time - calf, shell and currently, in suede (blue and snuff).
The blue suede piqued my interest but ... I'm sure. It would be my first 'blue suede shoe.'post #58868 of 1224168/30/13 at 6:21ampost #58869 of 1224168/30/13 at 6:24ampost #58870 of 1224168/30/13 at 6:41amFound myself in San Francisco on my way back to Dublin so having looked up Alden on Google maps I took a trip to 170 Sutter. What a nice shop and very helpfull staff. I did not have any particular shoe in mind except that I always wanted a pair of Alden and they are not easy to come by on this side of the Atlantic. Eventually I settled on these:
They feel like a very solid shoe, I can only imagine what the doubled soled ones feel like, anyway the leather does seem nore substantial than my C&J Handgrades so does this mean they will take a while to break in. Either way am loving my first pair of Alden.post #58871 of 1224168/30/13 at 7:05ampost #58872 of 1224168/30/13 at 7:09amQuote:
Nice pickup! Enjoy!!!
They sound pretty similar if not identical to TheShoeMarts' version.post #58873 of 1224168/30/13 at 7:10ampost #58874 of 1224168/30/13 at 7:12am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Currently, there are 1650 Active Users (402 Members and 1248 Guests)
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 34 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 34 seconds ago
- › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. 2 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?