or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3917  

post #58741 of 122416
CEE88, Shawnc : Thank you kindly !
post #58742 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post



Cigar Gunboats.
Real beauties El. Love the pants.
post #58743 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

wow, great pics all around today ! Seems it was Cigar day. Glad I got the memo!


lots of olive coming through today
I like your cigars with the argyles sazon.
post #58744 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

perfection!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

wow, great pics all around today ! Seems it was Cigar day. Glad I got the memo!


lots of olive coming through today

Thank you my friend!  I'm really enjoying these older batches of Cigar LWBs with the olive patina and the dark brown edge.  An Alden classic!

post #58745 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

After a long day on my feet at work, the 975's still feel as great as I think they look...



RTP those look fantastic. That's it I'm breaking mine out tomorrow.

Here's to being on your feet all day - in 975s.
post #58746 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

After a long day on my feet at work, the 975's still feel as great as I think they look...

RTP the 975 is an amazing shoe. The color, look and comfort is par excellence. Your 975 in pictures looks just delicious! Ya thats the word. What do you do to maintain the edge trim?

post #58747 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

cigar lwb

Beautiful shoes and beautiful pic Mr DV. In god health!

post #58748 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Ravello NST

 

Don L your NSTs look beautiful. The aberdeen is the perfect last for NSTs. Wear in good health!

post #58749 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post

RTP those look fantastic. That's it I'm breaking mine out tomorrow.

Here's to being on your feet all day - in 975s.

Thanks C.  Enjoy them often my friend! 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rishi Kakar View Post

RTP the 975 is an amazing shoe. The color, look and comfort is par excellence. Your 975 in pictures looks just delicious! Ya thats the word. What do you do to maintain the edge trim?

Much thanks RK, I appreciate the kind words.  Every 5 or so wears, I apply Fiebing's black sole, edge, and heel polish ("dries bright & water tight").  For antique edge I use AE's chili edge dressing (per SevenFoldTieGuy's advice).

post #58750 of 122416
Okay, so it looks like a shell day, but I thought I'd show my natty CXLs, which I actually wore yesterday:




Haven't worn these a whole lot this Summer, but they're quite comfortable.
post #58751 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post



Cigar Gunboats.


Love the patina on your cigar gunboats my friend!  Continue to wear often and in great health El!

post #58752 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi Kakar View Post

Beautiful shoes and beautiful pic Mr DV. In god health!
Second that, MrDV.
That is one great looking shoe. I wish there were some cigar options available right now - a PTB or a chukka would be great. I remember getting my cigar LWB last year when it seemed like all those other options were available. Now? Not so much. Anyway, wear in good health!
post #58753 of 122416

Does anyone know if J.Crew honors discounts on Aldens? I happened to receive a one-time 20% off code with a J.Crew order and even though it explicitly stated 3rd party items were excluded it somehow applied the discount when I entered the code. I bit the bullet and ordered the backordered color 8 captoe boots. I guess we'll see if it works. I'm not holding my breath. 

post #58754 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Thanks C.  Enjoy them often my friend! 

Much thanks RK, I appreciate the kind words.  Every 5 or so wears, I apply Fiebing's black sole, edge, and heel polish ("dries bright & water tight").  For antique edge I use AE's chili edge dressing (per SevenFoldTieGuy's advice).

Thanks RTP! That pic was a pleasure.

post #58755 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by n-domino View Post

Does anyone know if J.Crew honors discounts on Aldens? I happened to receive a one-time 20% off code with a J.Crew order and even though it explicitly stated 3rd party items were excluded it somehow applied the discount when I entered the code. I bit the bullet and ordered the backordered color 8 captoe boots. I guess we'll see if it works. I'm not holding my breath. 

JCrew will often exclude Alden purchases from discounts, but I have occasionally had luck with talking Personal Stylists that I've made multiple purchases with into doing a "one-time exception / price adjustment" that included anywhere from 20 to 25% discount. On really lucky days, they've allowed me to take advantage of the 15% discount for student and educators. Of course, ymmv.

Re the wish for cigar PTBs posted earlier, iirc Kathy at Alden of DC had cigar PTBs and LHSs in stock. I picked up a cigar ptb back in June. Of course, he may have limited stock at this point.

Best of luck on your searches everyone! Continue wearing your Aldens in good health.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.