or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3914  

post #58696 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post

Great looking shoes and, as always, impeccably maintained and presented.  But, sadly, completely and totally inappropriate for chinos.  

 

Like wearing a morning coat with denim short pants.  

 

i agree that men of good will, etc.  But wrong is wrong.  (kidding).

Wow, first Jimmy Carter and the prime and now the proper execution of Perf Cap Toe Oxfords....  nest.gif

 

This makes for interesting argumentation and debate!

post #58697 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Wow, first Jimmy Carter and the prime and now the proper execution of Perf Cap Toe Oxfords....  nest.gif

 

This makes for interesting argumentation and debate!

lurker[1].giflurker[1].gif

post #58698 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

You are supporting the rules of style and good taste in those tight hootchie pants?

: )

Sorry, could not resist. I understand your point but there are exceptions to the rule and some people can pull off what most others cannot. As I see it, while the style of that shoe is *more* formal, it is brown, not black, and therefore not strictly formal. Just my thoughts.

rotflmao.gifrotflmao.gifrotflmao.gif

 

In addition, the perforations may also lend itself to the more informal khaki pants.

To each his own, my friends, whether it be a particular style of denim or shoe execution.

post #58699 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Wow, first Jimmy Carter and the prime and now the proper execution of Perf Cap Toe Oxfords....  nest.gif

 

This makes for interesting argumentation and debate!

Are they Cap-Toe or Straight Tip, I forget? confused.gif

post #58700 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post

Apologist.  

 

What is the world coming to? 

 

And how can the answer to is question be at all positive when style leaders who have strayed from The Path are encouraged with such, I am sure well-intentioned, enabling?

 

And how can that answer be positive when I am shirking my duties with my apparently quixotic battle in support of the rules of style and good taste?

 

Break long over.  Back to work.  

If you are ever looking for extra income, you might be able to find work writing the passages for reading comprehension questions on the GMAT, because I have no idea what is being said in the above quote.

 

(They actually get the passages from scholarly publications, ect. but they are still equally as hard to follow.)


I think my good friend Aldenwear is saying that he is in a no-win situation.  You're doing just fine my friend.  No one here is taking it personally and neither should you.  Look forward to hearing/seeing from you on your next work break.

post #58701 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

MAC: nephew, good people can agree to disagree

Indeed they can. I consider both of us good people. And on this issue we shall disagree.


I believe Alden wear was trying to say the essentially the same thing.

post #58702 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoph1 View Post

This is my first post. I just received a pair of Alden shoes I had recrafted/resoled by B. Nelson. I am very pleased with the results. The shoes are a pair of NST in black, more than 10 years old. I opted for the standard resole package, but I asked them to replace with a double sole because I prefer that finish. That is part of the reason I went with B. Nelson, rather than Alden. I assumed it would be difficult to customize in this way through Alden. Nick was very quick to respond upon receipt and the work was done in about 10 days. They did a very nice job. The experience really was first rate. I would have no hesitation using them again on other shoes and recommend them.


Congrats, welcome to the thread, and it's good to know B Nelson is the place to go when Alden will not replace their soles with different materials.  Post some pics if you can...

post #58703 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


nephew,
why?

 

I think that if someone with my overall appearance (age, haircut, build, ect.) and presence were to wear the 9015 with khakis they would look out of place, while someone with your overall presence could get away with it.

 

Just as I said months ago that not just anyone can pull off the Tassel look, I hold that not just anyone can pull of the 9015 with khakis look.


While I feel that I can pull off the Tassel look, I do not feel that I am able to pull off the balmoral with khaki look.  You, Uncle, pull off both looks quite successfully.

 

Even though I think that 9015s and khakis would look awkward on me, I do not think that the same combination would look awkward on certain personalities.

 

Most men have the ability to grow a mustache, however, not every man looks good with a mustache.

 

The Monopoly Man's monocle serves him well, however, I would look silly using one.

 

 

I hope that I have communicated my feelings effectively with the use of these silly analogies.

post #58704 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Are they Cap-Toe or Straight Tip, I forget? confused.gif

 

stirpot.gif

post #58705 of 122416
What is the general opinion regarding shoe cream/polish for alden #8 - coloured polish or neutral?
post #58706 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

 

stirpot.gif

All in good fun my Alden brethren

post #58707 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

All in good fun my Alden brethren

 

But of course.  cheers.gif

post #58708 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by alladin View Post

What is the general opinion regarding shoe cream/polish for alden #8 - coloured polish or neutral?

No polish is the recommendation.  Do a Search for the MAC Method which is the recommended practice

post #58709 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks206 View Post

I'm just going to leave this here....


First quality Aldens at stupid prices. I totally lucked into the Ravello longwings in my size for 270 shipped!!!!!!!

Again good luck guys!

Good lord. You lucky bastard. The ravello longwings have to be the best looking gunboats. New!?!? $270?!?!?!
Thanks for sharing.
post #58710 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Good lord. You lucky bastard. The ravello longwings have to be the best looking gunboats. New!?!? $270?!?!?!
Thanks for sharing.

Seriously, that has got to be the most insane price I have ever seen for a brand new Ravello LWB. The seller clearly didn't know what they had
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.