or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3912  

post #58666 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswound View Post


thanks wildstar worship.gif

I am also quite fond of those jeans, crosswound. Then I checked the price! haha. There are only certain things I can pay a lot of money for...jeans, for me, are not one of them. I really like them, tho. fing02[1].gif

post #58667 of 122416
This is my first post. I just received a pair of Alden shoes I had recrafted/resoled by B. Nelson. I am very pleased with the results. The shoes are a pair of NST in black, more than 10 years old. I opted for the standard resole package, but I asked them to replace with a double sole because I prefer that finish. That is part of the reason I went with B. Nelson, rather than Alden. I assumed it would be difficult to customize in this way through Alden. Nick was very quick to respond upon receipt and the work was done in about 10 days. They did a very nice job. The experience really was first rate. I would have no hesitation using them again on other shoes and recommend them.
post #58668 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoph1 View Post

This is my first post. I just received a pair of Alden shoes I had recrafted/resoled by B. Nelson. I am very pleased with the results. The shoes are a pair of NST in black, more than 10 years old. I opted for the standard resole package, but I asked them to replace with a double sole because I prefer that finish. That is part of the reason I went with B. Nelson, rather than Alden. I assumed it would be difficult to customize in this way through Alden. Nick was very quick to respond upon receipt and the work was done in about 10 days. They did a very nice job. The experience really was first rate. I would have no hesitation using them again on other shoes and recommend them.

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your experience.

post #58669 of 122416
tifosi. you can get lucky and get a used pair for a lot less most of the time it's barely used just a bit stretched. my 2nd pair i got for $60 shipped but it was used.

also i have denim on 6years+ minus small repairs i think it is worth the money to invest.
post #58670 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswound View Post

you can get lucky and get a used pair for a lot less most of the time it's barely used just a bit stretched. my 2nd pair i got for $60 shipped but it was used.

Now $60 shipped I can do...haha

post #58671 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


You are supporting the rules of style and good taste in those tight hootchie pants?

: )

Sorry, could not resist. I understand your point but there are exceptions to the rule and some people can pull off what most others cannot. As I see it, while the style of that shoe is *more* formal, it is brown, not black, and therefore not strictly formal. Just my thoughts.

That ain't me wearing the jeans so tight the buttons barely made it to cover an exceedingly small waist and rear.   I am physically incapable of wearing anything nearly so tight without offending the laws of nature and decency. I would not do that to the world.

post #58672 of 122416
M
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post

That ain't me wearing the jeans so tight the buttons barely made it to cover an exceedingly small waist and rear.   I am physically incapable of wearing anything nearly so tight without offending the laws of nature and decency. I would not do that to the world.

Many apologies! Very sorry to have mistaken you.
post #58673 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswound View Post

tifosi. you can get lucky and get a used pair for a lot less most of the time it's barely used just a bit stretched. my 2nd pair i got for $60 shipped but it was used.

also i have denim on 6years+ minus small repairs i think it is worth the money to invest.

 

I agree, quality denim is a great investment. Haven't personally owned a pair for 6 years yet but the few I have are aging nicely so far.

post #58674 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoph1 View Post

This is my first post. I just received a pair of Alden shoes I had recrafted/resoled by B. Nelson. I am very pleased with the results. The shoes are a pair of NST in black, more than 10 years old. I opted for the standard resole package, but I asked them to replace with a double sole because I prefer that finish. That is part of the reason I went with B. Nelson, rather than Alden. I assumed it would be difficult to customize in this way through Alden. Nick was very quick to respond upon receipt and the work was done in about 10 days. They did a very nice job. The experience really was first rate. I would have no hesitation using them again on other shoes and recommend them.

Pics of the restoration?
post #58675 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswound View Post

did you just go outside and change your outfit mac?!? nod[1].gif

nephew,
my post from two month ago showing cap toes and khakis
post #58676 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswound View Post

looking good worship.gif

nephew,
thank you
post #58677 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

A very colorful combo Uncle. I like your cigars.

nephew,
thank you
post #58678 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

The first time I bought Aldens I purchased a Cigar LWB and a Ravello WT boot from TSM. These two pair are still some of my favorite Alden shoes.
Here are the Cigar LWB

nephew,
good looking gunboats
post #58679 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Lovely combo Uncle. Are those the much debated 9150's?

nephew,
they are 9015 with khakis and not a suit
picture taken from a previous post
post #58680 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

cigar lwb


nephew,
good looking gunboats
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.