Was thinking the same thing!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3906post #58576 of 1224168/27/13 at 7:22pmpost #58577 of 1224168/27/13 at 7:24pmQuote:
you are asking the wrong person. of course you do not need another king dress shoe; however, you are addicted and you will acquire it along with your king nstpost #58578 of 1224168/27/13 at 7:27pmQuote:Quote:
to be honest, the left shoe looks better. I'll try and remember to take some decent pics, but I'd prefer the right shoe catch up hahahpost #58579 of 1224168/27/13 at 7:28pmpost #58580 of 1224168/27/13 at 7:31pmpost #58581 of 1224168/27/13 at 7:36pmpost #58582 of 1224168/27/13 at 7:36pmQuote:
sadly, with my weekend truck, there's no easy way due to pedal placement.
no big deal. shoes are shoes I guess.. no one gets the obsession other than mepost #58583 of 1224168/27/13 at 7:38pmpost #58584 of 1224168/27/13 at 7:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Trying to catalogue the various Color 8 Indy boots available...
Alden NYC - double leather sole, storm welt with close heel, speedhooks
Alden SF - waterlock sole, Barrie last, unsure about welt/eyelets
Alden DC - ?
The Shoe Mart - commando sole, 360 storm reverse welt, all eyelets
Looking for a color 8 boot with dark edging and considering an Indy (I had too many boots with antique edging and want to diversify a bit). Any other suggestions are appreciated...
NRO has 40508H. Similar to LS. Moulded Shoe also carries 40508.post #58585 of 1224168/27/13 at 7:53pmQuote:
I wear an 8C in Barrie which fits me really well. In the Leeds, I wear 8.5C. The 8D Leeds has pressure on my pinky toes. The 8.5C on the other hand, just "hugs" the ball area of the foot. So in my experience Barrie is a 1/2 bigger than Leeds. One other thing I would say is that the Leeds has a narrower mid-foot section and heel. When I tie my Barrie, the eyestays almost hit each other, whereas there is room to spare in the Leeds. So I would say the AE1 last may also be a narrower last overall.
So if you're a 9E in the 1 last, a 8.5E Barrie may work (assuming you are not on the narrow side of E in the Leeds).post #58586 of 1224168/27/13 at 7:55pmQuote:
Great eye RTP, these are those. My enthusiasm got the better of me and I hit these with a brush, deer bone, and some more brushing. Brought out an even better sheen. $650 sounds about right when I tried to get them new. I am very pleased. As always, it's nice to get your input and advice. Much appreciated my friend.Quote:
Much appreciated uncle Mac. The world renowned break-in method will most certainly be employed.post #58587 of 1224168/27/13 at 7:57pmpost #58588 of 1224168/27/13 at 8:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by BootSpell
X-post from the AE thread:
I got tired of the mess in my closet from my boots all over the place. My first step was to get rid of lot of my clothes that I hardly wore to make room for some shoe racks. I got some cheap plastic/metal racks but they just didn't do the trick. So I got a woodworker to make me a boot rack of heart of cedar or aromatic cedar or whatever it's called. I'm much happier now but I don't think my closet is big enough for another rack...
ReplyQuote Multi 0
Nice.post #58589 of 1224168/27/13 at 8:18pmpost #58590 of 1224168/27/13 at 8:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by mcarthur
the Aberdeen last is Alden's most narrow last in the toe box. the Hampton last is slightly roomier in the toe box. if you wear a suit three to four times a week, you should consider the medallion cap toe which is one of alden's best models in either king or black. the cap toe 9015 can be worn with a casual attire whereas the medallion 2145 is dress shoe model
With respect to formality, I respectfully disagree. I own the models in question in color 8 (and also in black shell). To be accurate, i own BB's version of the 9015/9016 (on the Snap last, which Alden likens to the Hampton). While I consider each of them dress shoes, I consider the 9015 (captoe bal, with perf tip) more formal than the 2145 (captoe blucher, with perf tip and medallion toe).
I wear the 9015 for dress purposes. i wear the 2145 for dress purposes and for business casual.
I wear neither of them casually.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 34 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › How to style a gilet, down vest or bodywarmer 9 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 11 minutes ago
- › New Alden Black Cordovan Plain Toe Blucher 7 C/E Aberdeen last 12 minutes ago
- › Hermes Agenda Refill Alternatives? 12 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 14 minutes ago
- › Gianni Versace Couture 42R Beige Wool/Silk Peak Lapel 3-Button... 22 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 22 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...