Many of that esteemed forum member's shoes are as beautiful as Rembrandts! I agree though. Enjoy your shoes/boots; wear them!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 11:37 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3904
Styleforum Top Picks
Those on this thread know I am first and foremost an Alden fan - shell, in particular. But I do have many models from various makers, shell and calf. i have no plans to unload any Aldens.
i prefer various Alden lasts over the Barrie. I prefer AE's 1 last over the Barrie. Having said all of that, I own various Barrie models.
+1 i need a pair these, 9015?? How does the Hampton last compare to aberdeen? Same as far as sizing? tts? Not sure if I want black or color 8. congrats and wear in great health my friend!
+100. Although I have more AEs than Aldens, I actually prefer Aldens. It's a combination of the leather/shell that Alden uses and their design. But so far, the AE 1-last is my favorite. I have yet to try the Plaza, Hampton, Aberdeen, etc. Only have the Barrie, Modified and Leydon (tried the Trubalance but sold them).
Good point. I have done quite a bit of ordering and buying the past couple months. Purchases that probably should have been spread out till almost next year, so. Once the shoes/boots start shipping I guess I'll be happy and I won't need this feeling of instant gratification (which I love) of buying stock items. In the coming months up until early next year I will have 2 shell Alden boots, 1 shell LWB and 2 shell Allen Edmonds custom shell orders trickling in. Sheesh when I write it all down...
X-post from the AE thread:
I got tired of the mess in my closet from my boots all over the place. My first step was to get rid of lot of my clothes that I hardly wore to make room for some shoe racks. I got some cheap plastic/metal racks but they just didn't do the trick. So I got a woodworker to make me a boot rack of heart of cedar or aromatic cedar or whatever it's called. I'm much happier now but I don't think my closet is big enough for another rack...
Picked them up on ebay and at $450 shipped, they set me back a little more than I would have preferred. But timing is everything and when I purchased my commando chukka's from Alden of Carmel a couple of months ago I deliberated for days on these or the chukkas. I ultimately decided on these only to find out that my size had sold out. I really like the Alden commando and I felt like I would have been kicking myself if I had passed on this opportunity. As with most shoes on ebay, the seller claimed that these had only been worn once. Unlike most shoes that are sold on ebay, these really appear to have only been once indoors. Now that I have the shoes, I am absolutely ecstatic with the acquisition.
My biggest problem is that I have a strong desire to clean a shoe that clearly does not need it. Maybe I'll brush them for a few minutes and see if the urge abates. That and the fact that I have got to stop buying shoes. And I will. As soon as I pick up a pair of plain toe black shell shoes or boots 😉.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Viberg Boots 21 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 6 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...