Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 1:22 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3900post #58486 of 1224168/27/13 at 1:26pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58487 of 1224168/27/13 at 1:33pmpost #58488 of 1224168/27/13 at 1:36pmpost #58489 of 1224168/27/13 at 1:39pmpost #58490 of 1224168/27/13 at 1:41pmpost #58491 of 1224168/27/13 at 1:50pmpost #58492 of 1224168/27/13 at 1:55pmpost #58493 of 1224168/27/13 at 1:55pm
What is the consensus on leather soled, Alden boots? I don't plan on slushing around, shoveling snow with them...but if it is snowing or did snow...is there any protection from moisture? Or are they strictly dry winter weather boots?post #58494 of 1224168/27/13 at 1:55pmpost #58495 of 1224168/27/13 at 1:57pmpost #58496 of 1224168/27/13 at 1:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by magneto78
Crease guards are a thin price of foam that goes between your toes and the toe box. I have used them in sneakers with some success but they take up a bit of room in the toebox. Keep your shoes looking newer longer. It might be a good investment, especially for Cordovan
Never heard of such a thing.
I don't mind creases. They are shoes. I wear them. They crease.post #58497 of 1224168/27/13 at 2:01pmpost #58498 of 1224168/27/13 at 2:05pmpost #58499 of 1224168/27/13 at 2:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy
Shawnc: The Shoemart's website is a great resource in determining which last an Alden shoe is made on. On the TSM website, just run a search for "Alden (insert model number here)" and, if TSM has it, it will come up and will identify the last and have numerous pics.
Yup, that works. Thanks sevenfoldtieguy.post #58500 of 1224168/27/13 at 2:32pmLet's be honest, if they were "just shoes"we wouldn't be willing to spend upwards of $500 a pair on them. Sometimes a very well-worn shoe can be great. The wear actually improving the aesthetic of the shoe. However, sometimes a shoe looks better to me when it's fairly new looking. I especially find this with wingtips. Sometimes the way the shoe creases can really diminish the otherwise fantastic lines of a shoe. In Cordovan for instance, sometimes the creases are particularly sharp, making the shoe look like a chewed up piece of plastic. I guess it's personal taste. For 5-800 a pair I want to keep them looking new for as long as I can.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › The Official Wine Thread 9 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 50 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...