Ah, gotcha... I didn't realize Carmina has a burgundy shell. I will have to explore some internet pics.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3894post #58396 of 1224168/26/13 at 8:11pmpost #58397 of 1224168/26/13 at 8:12pm
Well I just purchased a pair of Black shell cordovan Indy boots form Zr0e in the classifieds.
this will be my 4th pair of Alden shoes but the first in cordovan. I am very excited to get a black
pair of Indy's for those outfits my natural CXL just don't fit with.
but now I gotta find a good deer bone...
the one I bought direct from the UK has splinters on the end where it was cut off
(discovered this by clawing up my black calf NST Blucher's)post #58398 of 1224168/26/13 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ironminded
I saw the Carmina's and thought about it, I'll be in a charcoal MTO suit though and I feel like the shade of those Carmina's is just too red or light ... not enough eggplant as a true #8 would be.
I may end up going with the Black Naval Boot from Leffot, but we will see. Again, thanks so much for everyone's help and speedy replies!
Can't think of a more appropriate occasion for black shell than a wedding. Especially your own.
Just a suggestion: Depending on what festivities you have planned for your wedding & reception (Bunny hop, electric slide - whatever), keep in mind the Naval Boot has a double oak soul and it -- and likely any other boot you choose -- will need time to break a bit before the big day (Not trying to dissuade you - I have the Naval boot and love it).
Good luck whatever you choose!post #58399 of 1224168/26/13 at 8:24pmQuote:
I have the whiskey shortwing oxford (bal) on the tremont last. While I like it quite a bit, I don't wear it that often. I wear the heck out of my color 8 LWB. Cigar, Black, and then ravello in that order. I baby my ravellos too much. I should wear them much more often.post #58400 of 1224168/26/13 at 8:25pmpost #58401 of 1224168/26/13 at 10:12pmFriends on the forum have pointed out at times that they go half size up on the aberdeen last. I have a few questions that I would appreciate if friends could answer.
1. Do you go half size up from TTS or half size up from barrie which means that you just go TTS on the aberdeen?
2. Have people had experience buying the aberdeen TTS but going to an E width instead of D?
Appreciate your feedback.post #58402 of 1224168/26/13 at 10:13pmpost #58403 of 1224168/26/13 at 10:15pmpost #58404 of 1224168/26/13 at 10:23pmpost #58405 of 1224168/26/13 at 11:03pmQuote:Yes, very painful memories. My parents sent me to a small private midwestern liberal-arts college during the Carter administration. I can hear the idolisers of Ronald Reagan who now live on a steady diet of Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Fox News, howling at the moon with I told you so disgust and incredulity. Thank you Uncle for reminding us of the prime rate while the peanut farmer was in the Oval Office, it made the interest on my student loans laughably outrageous.Originally Posted by Olifter
Whoa, guess the mind blocks out painful memories. Good thing my SBA loan to start my practice was a float, 2 points over prime, but still adjusted every quarter, so it dropped. Also, probably a good thing Ronald Reagan took over and lowered taxes. I think, by the time I paid it off, it was down to 13%, which meant I was able to pay it off early as less and less of the payment went to interest.post #58406 of 1224168/27/13 at 1:04ampost #58407 of 1224168/27/13 at 5:50ampost #58408 of 1224168/27/13 at 6:02ampost #58409 of 1224168/27/13 at 6:35ampost #58410 of 1224168/27/13 at 7:05am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 14 minutes ago
- › Balenciaga White Arena low size 9/42 17 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 21 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway