Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3846  

post #57676 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


I believe it was color 8 and there were a few odd sizes in cigar.  I put my name on a wait list (for cigar) and they said it would likely be mid-2014.  I hope I am not botching the details. 


Interesting ...

I don't believe I have heard of an NST on the Grant. I have heard of, indeed, have owned, NSTs on the Aberdeen, barrie, and plaza.

If anyone has a pic or a link, PM me. Thanks.
post #57677 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

Isn't this what I observed? The chukkas I tried on in 11D were larger than any 11D barrie shoe or boot I have ever tried on.

Well when you say it like that.........
post #57678 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Hmmmm. Wonder what sizes they have. I actually emailed them a while ago cause I saw them on their site, but they never replied.

Yep, email replies from citishoes is a hit-and-miss affair.
post #57679 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Yep, email replies from citishoes is a hit-and-miss affair.
Looks like I'll be calling tomorrow.
post #57680 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Hmmmm. Wonder what sizes they have. I actually emailed them a while ago cause I saw them on their site, but they never replied.

 

Many of the high-end shoe sites seem like they were designed when Alden created its first shoe. Probably not a surprise an email didn't get a reply.

post #57681 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

NRO is in Boston
122 Charles Street 
PO Box 305, Boston Ma, 02114
Mon-Fri: 10-7, Sat: 10-6, Sun: 11-5
617-742-0089

There are a couple of other options in Boston / Cambridge, but none are all that special. Both outposts of the Tannery, in Harvard Square and on Boylston St., carry Alden. You can also find Aldens at Barney's and the J. Crew men's shop, which are nearly next to each other in the mall by the Pru downtown. Brooks Bros. is also nearby on Newbury St., and kind of in the middle of the walk from NRO in Beacon Hill to the other Boston options. Other than those shops, I'm not sure what else exists. I've heard that J. Press carries them, but I've never actually looked at the Harvard Square location.
post #57682 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

Many of the high-end shoe sites seem like they were designed when Alden created its first shoe. Probably not a surprise an email didn't get a reply.

My recent email-response experience: emailed a few questions to Alden SF - they responded two days later with the info requested; emailed Leffot multiple times with multiple questions, and Leffot always replied in less than a couple of hours (they mostly responded immediately or in less than an hour). Scary thing about Leffot: when the question pertained to the preorder shoes/boots, they provided the answer ... and then said "I'll send you a PayPal invoice in case you want to order." And then they sent it. They make it all too easy.
post #57683 of 122416
Philly does have Sherman bros (2 locations, if memory serves). Very accommodating, pretty knowledgeable. They were also selling a few shell wingtips at $500. They had certainly been tried on, but I seriously
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I agree. There needs to be the same in Philadelphia. Allen Edmonds just opened up down there, hopefully Alden will be soon to follow!!!! I guess it depends on how AE does.
doubt they ever left the store.
post #57684 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post


My recent email-response experience: emailed a few questions to Alden SF - they responded two days later with the info requested; emailed Leffot multiple times with multiple questions, and Leffot always replied in less than a couple of hours (they mostly responded immediately or in less than an hour). Scary thing about Leffot: when the question pertained to the preorder shoes/boots, they provided the answer ... and then said "I'll send you a PayPal invoice in case you want to order." And then they sent it. They make it all too easy.

Yes, actually most seem fine on email. Leffot, Epaulet, etc. have been great to deal with. LetherSoul photos alone can suck money from the wallet. 

post #57685 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

Yes, actually most seem fine on email. Leffot, Epaulet, etc. have been great to deal with. LetherSoul photos alone can suck money from the wallet. 

Hah - you are correct on all counts, Sir.
I would also add Unionmade and Context to the list - I have found both to be highly responsive.
post #57686 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Someone should set up an Alden of Boston. Or at least a Leffot or Leather Soul like store (if there isn't one already). That town would like it. Same with Chicago.

You'd think Ball & Buck would carry Alden. They carry only AMERICAN MADE items. They're located in the Back Bay neighborhood.

I know they did some AE special Neumora makeups, but no Alden.

They'd be the perfect Alden partner in Boston!

But yeah I can't believe they don't have a company store in Boston. It'd be like AE not having a store down the road from the factory in Chicago.
post #57687 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuy View Post

Philly does have Sherman bros (2 locations, if memory serves). Very accommodating, pretty knowledgeable. They were also selling a few shell wingtips at $500. They had certainly been tried on, but I seriously
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I agree. There needs to be the same in Philadelphia. Allen Edmonds just opened up down there, hopefully Alden will be soon to follow!!!! I guess it depends on how AE does.
doubt they ever left the store.


I picked up my black shell LWBs and PTBs from them at about that same price a couple of years ago.  In fact, they drop shipped both directly from Alden when they didn't have my size.  I will never speak poorly of them!icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #57688 of 122416

restoration project

 

 

 

I found these two pairs on ebay. for cheap.

I got them back yesterday from the restoration and im very happy with the results. the #8 shell bounced back like new. the textured leather pair is much better than before and feel like new. I did not expect the leather pair to return so dark, but I really like the way they look on. The folks at alden even printed the model #s on the green boxes for the return, I thought that was a nice detail.

I asked around, no one seems to know much about the leather nsts. I think nsts are expensive to make, maybe they only do it for shell now.

post #57689 of 122416

I vividly remember this because the LWBs were the first time my wife intercepted an Alden package.  She held onto it for a coupe of weeks without me knowing and gave it to me as a Christmas present!  Thank God Sherman Bros. had that deal as part of an end of year holiday sale.  I otherwise might have been waiting several months to get that present...  props to my wife!  rotflmao.gif

post #57690 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

restoration project







I found these two pairs on ebay. for cheap.
I got them back yesterday from the restoration and im very happy with the results. the #8 shell bounced back like new. the textured leather pair is much better than before and feel like new. I did not expect the leather pair to return so dark, but I really like the way they look on. The folks at alden even printed the model #s on the green boxes for the return, I thought that was a nice detail.
I asked around, no one seems to know much about the leather nsts. I think nsts are expensive to make, maybe they only do it for shell now.

Great resto job. Nicely done.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.