or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3842  

post #57616 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Alden #8 captoe on Grant.
I just couldn't pass up a deal from a local member on these! Great guy and I got myself some great boots!  Only worn a couple times and barely creased. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif





Great looking pair of boots, Sir. Looks highly versatile. I've always wondered about the Grant last but never had an opportunity to try it.
post #57617 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post


Great looking pair of boots, Sir. Looks highly versatile. I've always wondered about the Grant last but never had an opportunity to try it.

Thank you very much and I am hoping so. 

 

Yes, looking at this picture I was always hesitant about Grant sizing. These work out perfectly at TTS.

 

 

post #57618 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Ravello NST


The Ravello and baby blue in your combo looks gorgeous. I happened upon that pairing by accident. Something about the light blue with your Ravello nst's that really makes them pop. Keep doing it Don L.
post #57619 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

pebble grain nst (vintage model, just came back from restoration)




I like your throwback nst's MrDV. The purple in your socks makes your feet look like your wearing two very stylish eggplants. Love the colour on the shoes. Was it close to the original after restoration? Any other info on them would be a bonus. Thanks.
Edited by BeSpiffington - 8/20/13 at 10:43am
post #57620 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Alden #8 captoe on Grant.

I just couldn't pass up a deal from a local member on these! Great guy and I got myself some great boots!  Only worn a couple times and barely creased. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

They look great on you man, glad they went to someone who is really enjoying them! It looks like the fit great on you. I replaced them with a 8E version of the same boot and found that it fits me better. Normally I'm a 8.5D brannock and 8 in barrie.

post #57621 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnniegold View Post

Black Straight Tip Blucher Oxford. These are due for a restoration soon. Gotta love black shell.
A real gentleman's pair of shoes. Very nice sir.
post #57622 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstar View Post

They look great on you man, glad they went to someone who is really enjoying them! It looks like the fit great on you. I replaced them with a 8E version of the same boot and found that it fits me better. Normally I'm a 8.5D brannock and 8 in barrie.

Thanks again!

 

That is strange because I measure the same and am the same Barrie size. I am slightly under 8.5 on the Brannock so that could be the difference. But hey...works out for both of us!

post #57623 of 122416
Context have a preorder up for #8 Tankers with Commando. Very nice looking.
post #57624 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

So THIS is the secret to a Mac like shine! I knew I was doing something wrong. I'll have to enlist one of my nieces or nephews.

She's not quite ready to handle cordovan yet. Maybe when she's 3.

Here is the finished product of her labor.

Alden For J Crew tobacco LWB
I use AE Chili polish on them to get some red tones. Inside they look very Ravelloish
s65d.jpg
5jsj.jpg


Fine looking shoe my friend.  These were the first of my Alden collection.  I think I prefer the darker, brown looking picture indoors.  This was my gateway drug to shell.  Wear in great health and enjoy watching your daughter grow.  It happens all too fast!

post #57625 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Alden #8 captoe on Grant.

I just couldn't pass up a deal from a local member on these! Great guy and I got myself some great boots!  Only worn a couple times and barely creased. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 


Great score tifosi!  Wear in great health your royal, cap toe boots my friend...

post #57626 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


Great score tifosi!  Wear in great health your royal, cap toe boots my friend...

Thank you very much, Repp!

post #57627 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Ravello NST

 


Oh DonL, you just had to do it to me... looking great in your lovely ravello NST's, fine combo was well.  Smitten and envious!inlove.gif

post #57628 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

pebble grain nst (vintage model, just came back from restoration)

 

In addition to adding to an already incredible collection, you are amassing a fine vintage selection.  Keep'em coming MrDV! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #57629 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnniegold View Post

Black Straight Tip Blucher Oxford. These are due for a restoration soon. Gotta love black shell.


The pic doesn't indicate a need.  Lovely straight tips J-gold!

post #57630 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post

Great looking pair of boots, Sir. Looks highly versatile. I've always wondered about the Grant last but never had an opportunity to try it.

I tried a pair of NSTs on the grant and a George boot on plaza this summer at Alden on Madison and Leffot.  Both lasts were great!  I hope to have one of each down the road.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.