I would think they are nicer construction than 99% of what he sees
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3837post #57542 of 1224168/19/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
Barrie= 9.5E or 10D (9.5E is probably the more proper fit)
Hope this is helpful my friend. All the best...post #57543 of 1224168/19/13 at 4:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by gosheik
Second pair of Aldens, but first pair of Cordovan Aldens : )
I have to say, they are definitely nicer in person than in any photo that I've seen. Consider me hooked, and thank you all for sharing your experiences on this forum--As a newbie, I've found the content and camaraderie inspiring and welcoming.
J. Crew #8 Chukka
Spectacular! Not much of a chukka fan, but hubba hubba, what a shine... Welcome to the club my friend, but be forewarned, you are entering a dangerously expensive path! Wear in wonderful health...
Edited by ReppTiePrepster - 8/19/13 at 4:28pmpost #57544 of 1224168/19/13 at 4:18pmpost #57545 of 1224168/19/13 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by CEE88
Gentlemen - I would like to introduce/reintroduce myself to the Alden Thread. I've been a member of, and occasional contributor to, SF since 2009. Late last year I went on a hiatus - primarily because I found the more time I spent on this thread, well, the more $ I spent on Aldens.
Over the last couple weeks I've been catching up, reading posts from 2012 and 2013. I must say, you regular (and a few not so regular) contributors have provided a wealth of dialog, information and photos, all in a very collegial, well-written package. I look forward to contributing where I am able. But I am definitely just a student of Aldens. I own quite a few pairs (shoes, boots, shell, non-shell, special make-ups & non), but I don't find many opportunities to provide input that hasn't already been supplied. But I'll try.
Below are my color 4/black shell saddles from J.Gilbert. I remember pining for the blucher version that LS released several years ago, so I immediately joined JG's pre-order when Yenni told me about it. Several others have posted their photos of this shoe, but I wanted to add a couple of mine (albeit iPhone shots). I have always enjoyed the look of saddles, but this one especially. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Fine looking saddles my friend and welcome back. Look forward to hearing from you and seeing some of your collection in the coming weeks. Wear in great health...post #57546 of 1224168/19/13 at 4:22pmpost #57547 of 1224168/19/13 at 4:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by CEE88
Wow, talk about falling off the wagon! We're here to support you my friend!post #57548 of 1224168/19/13 at 4:25pmpost #57549 of 1224168/19/13 at 4:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Johnniegold
I didn't need to see that picture.
I can ogle all I want at a pair of Ravello _________(fill in the blank) knowing full well I can't just go to a website and act on that impulse.
But that pair of King Chukkas, well, that's entirely another story, isn't it?
Great looking chukka. Congrats.
I know exactly what you mean. In fact, aside from their timeless beauty and versatility, their availability was the major impetus behind this purchase. Someone said it better just a few days ago and I've learned the hard way to completely agree. If you see a pair of Aldens that you like, pull the trigger or you'll regret it (especially when a considerate soul posts a 20% off coupon). It's only immediately after a new purchase (read: expenditure) that you realize what a blessing it is that your other favorites aren't available for yet another several months : )
Thank you, El Argentino!Quote:
Good health above all else! Thanks, BeSpiffington!
Thank you, tifosi.Quote:
Did they arrive? Enjoy!Quote:
Thank you, blue collar!Quote:
Thank you, MrDV!post #57550 of 1224168/19/13 at 4:27pmQuote:
Lookin' mighty good TampaT!
@Tifosi, those are purple... TampaT is now a SB Champion Ravens fan! Can't wait for the NFL season to start...post #57551 of 1224168/19/13 at 4:30pmpost #57552 of 1224168/19/13 at 4:33pmpost #57553 of 1224168/19/13 at 4:37pmpost #57554 of 1224168/19/13 at 4:42pmUmmm yeah...like this is news
http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/sharpened-lead/2013/aug/15/men-spend-more-shoes-womenpost #57555 of 1224168/19/13 at 4:45pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE for January 27, 2017: Laurence Fellows Recreation 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 7 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 9 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...