or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3827  

post #57391 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Brown CXL PTB for a nice, early Saturday at work.
e3e2u9a6.jpg

Those are hard to beat my friend! Don't work too hard today!
post #57392 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post


Those are hard to beat my friend! Don't work too hard today!

Thanks. I'll try not to. Gotta save some energy to work tomorrow  :0(

post #57393 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Brown CXL PTB for a nice, early Saturday at work.
e3e2u9a6.jpg
 

Great looking shoes, now I'll know how to find you :)

post #57394 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstar View Post

Great looking shoes, now I'll know how to find you :)

Haha! Just look for my Aldens!

post #57395 of 122416
Are the Alden + Context Roy Snuff Suede Boots suitable for warmer months? It wasn't clear to me from the description if they were unlined.

I love my unlined suede PTBs for comfort in the summer. I love my cordovan boots, but they get too hot. I was wondering if the snuff suede Roys would be a little cooler.

Thanks for the advice!
post #57396 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefner View Post

Are the Alden + Context Roy Snuff Suede Boots suitable for warmer months? It wasn't clear to me from the description if they were unlined.

I love my unlined suede PTBs for comfort in the summer. I love my cordovan boots, but they get too hot. I was wondering if the snuff suede Roys would be a little cooler.

Thanks for the advice!

Send them an email to check if they are unlined.  They are very helpful.

post #57397 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Thanks. I'll try not to. Gotta save some energy to work tomorrow  :0(

Working Saturday and Sunday? I guess I should too so when the Ravello chukkas come out I'll be flush.
post #57398 of 122416
Black longwings today
post #57399 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnniegold View Post


Working Saturday and Sunday? I guess I should too so when the Ravello chukkas come out I'll be flush.

Gotta make hay while the sun is shining. Got a lot of work to get done in a short time frame. The overtime pay doesn't hurt, either...biggrin.gif

 

Exactly! I'll keep it stashed away till something major gets released!

post #57400 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefner View Post

I love my cordovan boots, but they get too hot.
hefner, I love my cordovan boots too, even in the summer. I've found that the key to happy feet while wearing cordovan boots in the summer is picking the right socks. I stay away from cotton socks because when cotton gets damp it stay damp. Very fine merino wool is super comfortable all day long, but some people just can't wear it. A couple years ago I needed some new socks for golf and discovered a fabric that doesn't itch, is really soft and cushiony, wicks away moisture and never feels damp, and is tough as nails. Bamboo my friend is a plant people have been making cloths out of forever. More expensive than a bag of socks from Wal-mart, but cheaper than your Italian wools and cashmere.
post #57401 of 122416

Ended up buying these cigar gunboats of eBay. My size is pretty rare. I just started wearing them around the house without the laces. They feel a bit tight, but hopefully they will stretch enough. 

 

They need some Mac love to get that good shine. Should I apply Renovateur or Cordovan creme to them before paste wax? 

 

post #57402 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafG View Post

Ended up buying these cigar gunboats of eBay. My size is pretty rare. I just started wearing them around the house without the laces. They feel a bit tight, but hopefully they will stretch enough. 

 

They need some Mac love to get that good shine. Should I apply Renovateur or Cordovan creme to them before paste wax? 

 

Just a word of caution...shell does not stretch like calf leather.

 

I wouldn't apply any cream or wax. Just the mac method.

post #57403 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafG View Post

Ended up buying these cigar gunboats of eBay. My size is pretty rare. I just started wearing them around the house without the laces. They feel a bit tight, but hopefully they will stretch enough. 

 

They need some Mac love to get that good shine. Should I apply Renovateur or Cordovan creme to them before paste wax?

Just a word of caution...shell does not stretch like calf leather.

 

I wouldn't apply any cream or wax. Just the mac method.

+1 on no application of reno or cordovan creme right out of the box.  Wipe down with slightly damp cloth, brush, and buff... you'll get a great shine by keeping it that simple.  Cordovan creme/wax once every 20 wears is optimal if I remember correctly.

post #57404 of 122416

I bought them used off eBay. Seller said they were bought in 2010 and have been worn approx 20 times.

post #57405 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafG View Post

I bought them used off eBay. Seller said they were bought in 2010 and have been worn approx 20 times.

I, personally, would just try the Mac method first and see how they look/feel. Wax would be my last resort.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.