Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3819post #57271 of 1224168/15/13 at 3:28pmpost #57272 of 1224168/15/13 at 4:05pmpost #57273 of 1224168/15/13 at 5:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Winston S.
From what I have concluded it's a show of respect to Uncle Mac who has brought us the two Mac methods and has the largest Alden collection that I know of.
On a separate note, do we all agree that this is not shell?
the model # is 905 which is burgundy calfpost #57274 of 1224168/15/13 at 5:02pmpost #57275 of 1224168/15/13 at 5:03pmpost #57276 of 1224168/15/13 at 5:04pmpost #57277 of 1224168/15/13 at 5:06pmpost #57278 of 1224168/15/13 at 5:13pmpost #57279 of 1224168/15/13 at 7:16pmpost #57280 of 1224168/15/13 at 7:20pmpost #57281 of 1224168/15/13 at 7:34pmpost #57282 of 1224168/15/13 at 7:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Winterbourne
Well, I just got my Indys in from j.crew, and while I was concerned about the sizing since I normally wear a 10d on the Barrie, my bigger dilemma is the moc seam on the right boot. Do you guys think this is uneven enough that it warrants replacing them?
Our cat likes Alden, too.
Doesn't this defect change the fit? The fact that it is on the vamp makes it a bit more obvious.post #57283 of 1224168/15/13 at 7:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by cincikidQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The tobacco LWB from J crew was my very first Alden. Stevent is correct. They were originally orangish, a little bit more so than the burnished tan, but the newer ones have a darker tan that looks to have a more matted finish. I really like that look and wished I had it rather than the old one. I still enjoy this one (on the right)...
Not the best quality pic to show its color...
Are the dark brown also from JCrew? If so, which one do you like better, tobacco and dark brown? I actually ordered both with the recent 20% off coupon, intending to keep just one of them. I seem to like tobacco better, but your dark browns look stunning.
Yes, both are J Crew and both were my first two pairs of Aldens. TBH, I wear my dark brown more often because they are more versatile. If I had the newer tobacco version that looks more dark-tan with a matted finish, I would wear those more often.
Tough decision, but can't lose. Good luck my friend!post #57284 of 1224168/16/13 at 12:33ampost #57285 of 1224168/16/13 at 12:40am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › What are you listening to? 23 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 24 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 27 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 35 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 43 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 48 minutes ago
- › NWT MMM Line 14 52 shawl collar tuxedo - price cut 48 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 54 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...