or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3816  

post #57226 of 122416
I returned mine since it was a weird orange color. Apparently it's not the same now though
post #57227 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

I returned mine since it was a weird orange color. Apparently it's not the same now though

The tobacco LWB from J crew was my very first Alden.  Stevent is correct.  They were originally orangish, a little bit more so than the burnished tan, but the newer ones have a darker tan that looks to have a more matted finish.  I really like that look and wished I had it rather than the old one. I still enjoy this one (on the right)...

Not the best quality pic to show its color...

700

post #57228 of 122416
First time wearing my NST's I picked up on eBay for $80. They were pretty beat-up but after hours of elbow grease (and a little Saphir) I think they came out alright.



I think the last is Aberdeen but can't say for sure. I know there are some experts who can look at a shoe and immediately recognize the last. I wouldn't mind hearing from one such expert.
post #57229 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbourne View Post

Well, I just got my Indys in from j.crew, and while I was concerned about the sizing since I normally wear a 10d on the Barrie, my bigger dilemma is the moc seam on the right boot. Do you guys think this is uneven enough that it warrants replacing them?

2mod07o.jpg

Our cat likes Alden, too.

10r5xcg.jpg

Those are really nice boots but I noticed the uneven stitching right away. At the risk of stating the obvious, it depends on your level of tolerance. Foe me, if a replacement was available, it would be a no-brainer. It would be a much tougher call if they were the last pair in my size
post #57230 of 122416


Cigar LWB again smile.gif
post #57231 of 122416


Black NST and off to work.
post #57232 of 122416

I know a lot of us read The Shoe Snob blog, but the item they featured on there today was pretty cool.

 

I have a pair of Alden Tassel Mocs and one of the tassels is semi-unsightly. These claim to fix that. I'm just ticked I didn't come up with it. I suppose some good painters tape that wont stick would also work! I might have to try that first...

 

http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2013/08/tasselmate-the-new-only-way-to-fix-your-tassels.html

post #57233 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post

First time wearing my NST's I picked up on eBay for $80. They were pretty beat-up but after hours of elbow grease (and a little Saphir) I think they came out alright.



I think the last is Aberdeen but can't say for sure. I know there are some experts who can look at a shoe and immediately recognize the last. I wouldn't mind hearing from one such expert.

Aberdeen. I can tell I'm becoming an underage coot because I just don't get the colored laces. Props to your festive spirit though.
post #57234 of 122416
post #57235 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post

Those are really nice boots but I noticed the uneven stitching right away. At the risk of stating the obvious, it depends on your level of tolerance. Foe me, if a replacement was available, it would be a no-brainer. It would be a much tougher call if they were the last pair in my size

I just got off the phone with J.Crew and they have a new order in for me now. 20% off + $50 rewards card made my Indys come out to $349.20. Had I ordered through my "personal stylist," I would've saved an additional 15% (student discount). Too bad most of their Alden collection is always on backorder or out of the size you want.
post #57236 of 122416

post #57237 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

Aberdeen. I can tell I'm becoming an underage coot because I just don't get the colored laces. Props to your festive spirit though.

Seemed like a good idea when I put them in last night but as soon as I took the pic at work this AM I was questioning the laces as well. Back on point, thanks for the Aberdeen confirmation.
post #57238 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post





DL-if imitation is truly the highest form of flattery, you should feel well-complimented. When I first saw you post a pic of these I had to have them. Easily the favorite pair in my collection. You set them off really nice with the pants/socks combo. Well done.
post #57239 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post


Seemed like a good idea when I put them in last night but as soon as I took the pic at work this AM I was questioning the laces as well. Back on point, thanks for the Aberdeen confirmation.

Like the colored laces. Mine:

post #57240 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

DonL, those are absolutely fantastic.  The Alt Wien that Epaulet had earlier this year, correct? Very sorry I missed that one. Hopeful that it comes back again. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.