Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3816post #57226 of 1224168/15/13 at 12:11ampost #57227 of 1224168/15/13 at 4:47amQuote:
The tobacco LWB from J crew was my very first Alden. Stevent is correct. They were originally orangish, a little bit more so than the burnished tan, but the newer ones have a darker tan that looks to have a more matted finish. I really like that look and wished I had it rather than the old one. I still enjoy this one (on the right)...
Not the best quality pic to show its color...post #57228 of 1224168/15/13 at 4:55amFirst time wearing my NST's I picked up on eBay for $80. They were pretty beat-up but after hours of elbow grease (and a little Saphir) I think they came out alright.
I think the last is Aberdeen but can't say for sure. I know there are some experts who can look at a shoe and immediately recognize the last. I wouldn't mind hearing from one such expert.post #57229 of 1224168/15/13 at 5:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Winterbourne
Well, I just got my Indys in from j.crew, and while I was concerned about the sizing since I normally wear a 10d on the Barrie, my bigger dilemma is the moc seam on the right boot. Do you guys think this is uneven enough that it warrants replacing them?
Our cat likes Alden, too.
Those are really nice boots but I noticed the uneven stitching right away. At the risk of stating the obvious, it depends on your level of tolerance. Foe me, if a replacement was available, it would be a no-brainer. It would be a much tougher call if they were the last pair in my sizepost #57230 of 1224168/15/13 at 5:25ampost #57231 of 1224168/15/13 at 5:34ampost #57232 of 1224168/15/13 at 5:43am
I know a lot of us read The Shoe Snob blog, but the item they featured on there today was pretty cool.
I have a pair of Alden Tassel Mocs and one of the tassels is semi-unsightly. These claim to fix that. I'm just ticked I didn't come up with it. I suppose some good painters tape that wont stick would also work! I might have to try that first...post #57233 of 1224168/15/13 at 6:56amQuote:Originally Posted by Shawnc
First time wearing my NST's I picked up on eBay for $80. They were pretty beat-up but after hours of elbow grease (and a little Saphir) I think they came out alright.
I think the last is Aberdeen but can't say for sure. I know there are some experts who can look at a shoe and immediately recognize the last. I wouldn't mind hearing from one such expert.
Aberdeen. I can tell I'm becoming an underage coot because I just don't get the colored laces. Props to your festive spirit though.post #57234 of 1224168/15/13 at 6:57ampost #57235 of 1224168/15/13 at 6:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Shawnc
Those are really nice boots but I noticed the uneven stitching right away. At the risk of stating the obvious, it depends on your level of tolerance. Foe me, if a replacement was available, it would be a no-brainer. It would be a much tougher call if they were the last pair in my size
I just got off the phone with J.Crew and they have a new order in for me now. 20% off + $50 rewards card made my Indys come out to $349.20. Had I ordered through my "personal stylist," I would've saved an additional 15% (student discount). Too bad most of their Alden collection is always on backorder or out of the size you want.post #57236 of 1224168/15/13 at 7:00ampost #57237 of 1224168/15/13 at 7:06amQuote:
Seemed like a good idea when I put them in last night but as soon as I took the pic at work this AM I was questioning the laces as well. Back on point, thanks for the Aberdeen confirmation.post #57238 of 1224168/15/13 at 7:10ampost #57239 of 1224168/15/13 at 7:21ampost #57240 of 1224168/15/13 at 7:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Don L
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
DonL, those are absolutely fantastic. The Alt Wien that Epaulet had earlier this year, correct? Very sorry I missed that one. Hopeful that it comes back again.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 13 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 24 minutes ago
- › Jacket from Drive 26 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 36 minutes ago
- › Polo Ralph Lauren Double breasted 6x2 double breasted suit in 50R EU 41 minutes ago
- › Size 15 1/2 red checkered Fray barrel cuff 41 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...